Re: [steiner] michael

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 12, 2001
      dear Dr. StarMann,
      Please enlighten us more about the role of Michael.
      Nick

      A large subject. A few words---

      God is the Divine from whom we have sprung. But that is not all there is. Just as we have an individual spirit and a body, there is a soul that links them. So also, Christ is the link between the Creator God and our Divine (Holy) Spirit. You could say He is the force within us that enables us to go beyond ourselves, by dying and being reborn, so that we may manifest the Holy Spirit.

      Michael is the Archangel who does something similar outside us. When we turn our minds outward, all that we can see at first appears to be dead. But just as the Christ within us can enable us to be born again as new people, Micha-El can guide our intelligences to conquer the Dragon that seeks to drag down the ordinary intelligence into matter and to its death. It was he who cast down the retarded spirits into this realm to serve the function of crystallizing matter, and he is always able to overcome them when they seek to wrongly extend their power over us. So he is the guide of our minds, where Christ is the mediator in the heart. Christ is the Way; Micha-El is the Lord of the Way.

      The Father-God rules the winter, the Son the spring, the Holy Spirit the summer, and Micha-El and all angels the fall.

      Starman
    • nicholas dee
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 16, 2001
        Thanks a lot for those notes on Mikhail, Dr. Starmann.
        Could you recommend some "further" reading on that
        subject, pls.
        Nick

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/