Calendar of the Soul, Week 13

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 8, 2001
      For those new to the 'Calendar': the cycle of the year can be a meditation
      in itself, through which you can sense the Beings that are behind the
      changing seasons, and Steiner gave out the 'Calendar of the Soul' to do this.
      It's made up of 52 meditative mantras enabling one to consciously experience
      the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within you as well as in external Nature
      in the course of the year.

      The 52 mantras are well known to many anthroposophists, but the original
      Calendar in 1912 ALSO contained 12 images of the zodiac (to be meditated on
      to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day) and the
      Moon's position in the constellations was listed for each night (for sensing
      the 'lunar' forces), as well as a list of saints and other spiritual figures
      to meditate on connected with specific days of the week, because the
      entrances and exits of human spirits are also connected with the cosmos and
      Time. We're presenting all that here each week---this has not been done since
      1912 and is available nowhere else.

      First, this week's meditative mantra in the original German and in
      translation:

      * M A N T R A # 1 3 *
      Und bin ich in den Sinneshöhen,
      So flammt in meinen Seelentiefen
      Aus Geistes Feuerwelten
      Der Götter Wahrheitswort:
      In Geistesgründen suche ahnend
      Dich geistverwand zu finden.

      And when I am in the Senses' Heights
      There flames up in my Soul's Deeps
      Out of Spirit Fire-Worlds
      The Gods' Truth-Word:
      In Spirit-Ground seek expectantly
      Your spirit-relation to find.

      This is the St. John's/Summer 'Fire' theme of 'finding oneself'. This
      fiery feeling of the senses is at its height, and within it, it bears a
      forecast that one will find oneself through the cosmos finding itself in you.

      some of the spiritual figures connected with the days. Attached to this post
      is the JPEG image of the sign Gemini (the Doctor said the Sun is under its
      influence from June 16th to July 20th in our era.)

      Sunday July 8th. Moon Aquarius. Aquila and Priscilla.
      Monday July 9th. Moon Aquarius. Anatolia.
      Tuesday July 10th. Moon Pisces. 1509 Calvin born.
      Wednesday July 11th. Moon Pisces. Last Quarter. Pius I.
      Thursday July 12th. Moon Aries. 1536 Erasmus of Rotterdam died.
      Friday July 13th. Moon Aries. 1889 Robert Hamerling died.
      Saturday July 14th. Moon Taurus. 1801 Johannes Müller (the Natural
      Scientist) born.

    • nicholas dee
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 12, 2001
        dear Dr. StarMann,
        Please enlighten us more about the role of Michael.
        Nick

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 12, 2001
          dear Dr. StarMann,
          Please enlighten us more about the role of Michael.
          Nick

          A large subject. A few words---

          God is the Divine from whom we have sprung. But that is not all there is. Just as we have an individual spirit and a body, there is a soul that links them. So also, Christ is the link between the Creator God and our Divine (Holy) Spirit. You could say He is the force within us that enables us to go beyond ourselves, by dying and being reborn, so that we may manifest the Holy Spirit.

          Michael is the Archangel who does something similar outside us. When we turn our minds outward, all that we can see at first appears to be dead. But just as the Christ within us can enable us to be born again as new people, Micha-El can guide our intelligences to conquer the Dragon that seeks to drag down the ordinary intelligence into matter and to its death. It was he who cast down the retarded spirits into this realm to serve the function of crystallizing matter, and he is always able to overcome them when they seek to wrongly extend their power over us. So he is the guide of our minds, where Christ is the mediator in the heart. Christ is the Way; Micha-El is the Lord of the Way.

          The Father-God rules the winter, the Son the spring, the Holy Spirit the summer, and Micha-El and all angels the fall.

          Starman
        • nicholas dee
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 16, 2001
            Thanks a lot for those notes on Mikhail, Dr. Starmann.
            Could you recommend some "further" reading on that
            subject, pls.