Soul-Calendar, 46th Week after Easter

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 9, 2014

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation AQUARIUS from February 9th through March 8th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the WATER-MAN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of 'magenta' we cannot yet see, is attached to this e-mail.

                                          * MANTRA # 46  *

      Die Welt, sie drohet zu betäuben

      Der Seele eingeborene Kraft;

      Nun trete du, Erinnerung,

      Aus Geistestiefen leuchtend auf

      Und stärke mir das Schauen

      Das nur durch Willenskräfte

      Sich selbst erhalten kann.

      The World, it threatens to benumb

      The Soul’s inborn strength;

      Now tread you, Memory,

      Out of Spirit-Deeps enlightening

      And make strong for me Vision,

      That only through Will-Strength

      Can preserve itself.

        An interpretation of the mantra: We are heading towards spring and summer, when our inner selves once more

      sleep, while the Earth awakens. Last week, the power of thinking united with what was 'born' in us at Christmas, and made clear all the early spring stirrings of new life in the external world---we united with this "becoming" of

      Nature as we thought about what we perceived. This week, this surging new life in the outer world would 'benumb' our souls if the force of MEMORY didn't come in to play its proper role, that of preserving the Vision the spirit has had of what it wishes to create this year.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, February 9TH. Moon Gemini.  Apollonia, Christian martyr in Alexandria in the 3rd century.

      Monday, February 10TH. Moon Cancer.
       Theophany of Paul on the Way to Damascus. 1847 Edison born. 1755 Montesquieu died.

      Tuesday, February 11TH. Moon Cancer.
        1650 Descartes died.

      Wednesday,  February 12TH. Moon Leo.
       1804 Kant died. 1809 Darwin born.

      Thursday, February 13TH. Moon Leo.
       1883 Richard Wagner died.

      Friday,  February 14TH. Moon Leo. Full Moon.  Seafarer Cook killed 1779. Nees v. Esenbeck, Botanist, born 1776.

      Saturday, February 15TH. Moon Virgo. Galilei Born 1564. Lessing died 1781.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

        In the East, brilliant Jupiter rises next to the Twins at sunset. The moon  appears close to it Monday and Tuesday nights.