Re: [steiner] Calendar of the Soul

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Jun 11, 2001
      And by the way, I uploaded the image of Taurus onto the web site for the group (finally figured out how to!) It said it would automatically send a message to everyone that a new file had been placed there, but I never saw one sent out.

      Star Man
    • Charlie Morrison
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 16, 2002
        Hi Starman,
        Is there some reason why you have stopped the weekly "Calendar of the Soul" posts.

        warm regards,
        Charlie.
        Message 3 of 14 , Jun 27, 2002
          social_artist@... writes:
          Dear Dr. Starman-
          I have been unable to view the image of Gemini
          attached to your calendar e-mails.  Do you happen to
          know of a place I can go to find this?
          Thank you for your vigilant diligence-
          Yours-
          George

          *******I'm attaching it to this e-mail: we'll see if it goes through. I could put it in the group's files too, but am having trouble getting in to the archives---some problem with Yahoo!

          P.S.-  What interesting turns this newsgroup has
          taken!  Discussions and angles being explored
          different from what I had become accustomed.
          Separated by continents and oceans, we are connected
          along this web of cold light.  I continue to wonder
          the tones we would make were we to find ourselves
          eyes-to-eyes and faces-to-faces.  Thank you to all for
          your questions and insights.

          *******I hope this group may set a different tone than the other online groups, which often have discussions that few studying anthroposophy could even follow. While this form of communication is inhuman, it can be no more so than a book--- and, if we try to use it in a Michaelic way, perhaps can help individuals in their striving.

          Dr. Starman

          P.S. There was an error in this week's Calendar posting; the time for the Sun under the spiritual influence of Gemini is June 16th to July 20th in our era, according to the Doctor.
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 6 8:12 PM
               The "Calendar of the Soul"

              Dr. Steiner gave out the 'Calendar of the Soul' , 52 meditative mantras, to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within and in Nature during the year. These are well known to many anthroposophists---- but the original Calendar also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day, a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with specific days.
                Here's the whole 'Soul-Calendar' restored to how it was originally meant to be used.

            This week and through April 20th we are  in a most interesting time, when the last verse of the 'Soul-Calendar'  has been reached, but it's still several weeks before we start with the first verse of the new, there being a late Easter this year. This whole time therefore falls into a time of the change from going out into the cosmos and then drawing in from it again, as can be experienced by meditatively working with the ending and beginning verses.

            COMPARISON OF FIRST AND LAST VERSES
            of the Calendar of the Soul

            *******MANTRAM 52*******
            Wenn aus den Seelentiefen
            Der Geist sich wendet zu dem Weltensein
            Und Schonheit quillt aus Raumesweiten,
            Dann zieht aus Himmelsfernen
            Des Lebens Kraft in Menschenleiber
            Und einet, machtvoll wirkend,
            Des Geistes Wesen mit dem Menschensein.

            When out of the Soul's Deeps
            The Spirit wends its way to World-Being
            And Beauty swells into the widths of Space,
            Then is drawn from farthest Heavens
            The Life Force into human bodies
            And there becomes one, mightily working,
            The Spirit's Essence and Man's being.

            *******MANTRAM # 1*******
            Wenn aus den Weltenweiten
            Die Sonne spricht zum Menschensinn
            Und Freude aus den Seelenteifen,
            Dem Licht sich eint im Schauen,
            Dann ziehen aus der Selbstheit Hulle
            Gedanken in die Raumesfernen
            Und binden dumpf
            Des Menschen Wesen und des Geistes Sein.

            When out of the Wide World
            The Sun speaks to Man's Senses
            And Joy out of Soul's Depths
            Becomes one with Light in vision,
            Then is drawn from the Ego's Sheath
            Thinking into farthest Worlds
            And joins, dimly,
            Man's Essence and the Spirit's Being.

               This time of year we receive the Life Force from the returning Sun at Easter. The spirit within goes out into the universe and connects with that Source, from which the new life force will start flowing at Eastertide. Then we'll begin the Easter mood of 'resurrection' of our life forces, as, in our depths, our Spirit forms its annual connection with the Cosmos once again---after having withdrawn into the Earth in winter---and the etheric body is renewed through this connection to the World Spirit.

                                    **********************************
                 The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of PISCES from March 9th to April 13th in our era. A symbolic image of the Fishes done from Steiner's sketches & indications is inserted below.

            Sunday, April 6th. Moon Gemini.  Irenaeus, Bishop of Lyon in 2nd century. Raphael born 1483. Dürer died 1528.

            Monday,  April 7th. Moon Gemini. Egesippus (Christian writer of the second century in Rome).

            Tuesday,  April 8th. Moon Cancer. First Quarter.  Wilhelm von Humboldt died 1835.

            Wednesday, April 9th. Moon Cancer.  Mary Cleophas (who with Mary of Magdala and the Mother of Jesus in John's Gospel was present at the Crucifixion). Theophilus (Bishop of Alexandria in the 5th century). Francis Bacon of Verulam died 1626.

            Thursday, April 10th. Moon Leo.  The Prophets Daniel and Ezekiel.

            Friday, April 11th. Moon Leo.  Leo (Pope that turned back the wave of Attila from Italy).

            Saturday, April 12th. Moon Virgo. Zeno.

            *  M A N T R A  # 2 4  *

            Sich selbst erschaffend stets,
            Wird Seelensein sich selbst gewahr;
            Der Weltengeist, er strebet fort
            In Selbsterkenntnis neu belebt
            Und schafft aus Seelenfinsternis
            Des selbstsinns Willensfrucht .

            In continually shaping one's Self,
            Soul's Being becomes of itself aware;
            The World-Spirit, it strives forward
            In Self-Knowledge newly living
            And shapes out of Soul-Darkness
            The Self-sense's Will-Fruit.

            Dr. Starman

            P.S. The Moon will be seen close to the planet Saturn Monday night, April 7th, and near the planet Jupiter on Thursday night, April 10th.

            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 3 12:47 PM
            • 1 Attachment
            • 24 KB

                Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                                   *******
                        THE ZODIAC IMAGE
               The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation PISCES from March 9th to April 13th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the FISHES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) ----in an approximation of the color he said corresponded to the sign, one of 5 shades of  "purple" or magenta we can't yet actually perceive ---- is attached to this e-mail.

             *  M A N T R A  # 5 2  *

            Wenn aus den Seelentiefen

            Der Geist sich wendet zu dem Weltensein

            Und Schönheit quillt aus Raumesweiten,

            Dann zieht aus Himmelsfernen

            Des Lebens Kraft in Menschenleiber

            Und einet, machtvoll wirkend,

            Des Geistes Wesen mit dem Menschensein.

            When out of the Soul’s Deeps

            The Spirit winds its way to World-Being

            And Beauty swells into the widths of Space,

            Then is drawn from farthest Heavens

            The Life Force into human bodies

            And there becomes one, mightily working,

            The Spirit’s Essence and Man’s being.

                The dark time of Winter ends, the Sun returns. We are drawn out of ourselves, to find our connection to the cosmos through the beauty of the senses in the outer world, and this begins the annual renewal of our life forces.

               The year from Easter to Easter is of uneven length because Easter is a movable feast, the first Sunday after the first Full Moon after the Vernal Equinox. This year it comes about the latest it possibly can, April 24th. So we have now reached the 53rd week after last year's Easter. What I do is continue using the 52nd mantra until Easter comes again. At the Goetheanum, what they decided was to take the time from Easter to Easter and divide it by 52, but then we aren't actually using weeks of 7 days as a week is supposed to be. So it's up to individuals to decide. All of us will begin with mantra #1 on April 24th.

                      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

            Sunday, April 3rd. Moon Aries. New Moon. The 3rd of April 33 A.D. Is what spiritual-scientific investigation shows as the day of Death of Jesus Christ.

            Monday,  Aprll 4th.  Moon Taurus.
            Bishop Ambrose died 398 (he by whom Augustine was baptized). University of Basel founded 1460.

            Tuesday, April 5h. Moon Taurus.
            Vincentius (Christian writer, died 1264). Volta died 1827.

            Wednesday,   April 6thMoon Taurus. Irenaeus, Bishop of Lyon in 2nd century. Raphael born 1483. Dürer died 1528.

            Thursday,   April 7thMoon Gemini.  Egesippus (Christian writer of the second century in Rome).

            Friday,   April 8th. Moon Gemini._Wilhelm von Humboldt died 1835.

            Saturday,   April 9th. Moon Cancer.   Mary Cleophas (who with Mary of Magdala and the Mother of Jesus in John’s Gospel was present at the Crucifixion). Theophilus (Bishop of Alexandria in the 5th century). Francis Bacon of Verulam died 1626.

            ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

            Dim, yellowish Saturn rises in the east shortly after sunset, amongst the stars of the Virgin.

            ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:
            The brilliant "morning star" Venus is seen in the East every day before sunrise. Saturn is also still visible low in the southwest at the same time.