Re: [steiner] Calendar of the Soul, Week 5

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 13, 2001
      Once again, if anyone wants the JPEG of the zodiac sign Taurus I can send it
      to you individually--- or post it to the group's website now that I FINALLY
      got my access straightened out with the "Yahoos" who took over egroups.
    • Charlie Morrison
      Message 2 of 4 , May 14, 2001
        Dear Starman,

        Posting it to the website is fine by me. Thank again.

        warm regards,
        charlie.
        Once again, if anyone wants the JPEG of the zodiac sign Taurus I can send it
        to you individually--- or post it to the group's website now that I FINALLY
        got my access straightened out with the "Yahoos" who took over egroups.

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Post to steiner@egroups.com

        Search the archives of the group at:

        Recommended books by Rudolf Steiner at:

        Message 3 of 4 , May 18, 2003
             The "Calendar of the Soul"

            Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar', 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within and without during the year, starting at Easter. These are well known to anthroposophists--- but the original "Calendar " also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day, a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night for sensing the 'lunar' forces, and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected with specific days.
              Here's the whole 'Soul-Calendar' restored to its original use.

          *MANTRA #5*
          Im Lichte, das aus Gesistestiefen
          In Raume fruchtbar webend
          Der Götter Schaffen offenbart:
          In ihm erscheint der Seele Wesen
          Geweitet zu dem Weltensein
          Und auferstanden
          Aus enger Selbstheit Innenmacht.

          In Light, that out of Spirit-Deeps
          Weaves in Space bearing its fruit,
          The Gods' Shaping is revealed :
          In it shines the Soul's Essence
          Widened to the World-Existence
          And resurrected
          Out of narrow Selfhood's Inner Might.

          *******The weaving of the Sun in the growth of the plants reveals the Divine
          working. We can feel that this spiritual essence working is similar to our
          own inner souls, that it is like our soul spread out in external space.

                                  **********************************
               The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st to June 15th in our era. A symbolic image of the BULL done from Steiner's sketches & indications is inserted below,

          Sunday, May 18th. Moon Capricorn.  Isabella.

          Monday,  May 19th. Moon Capricorn. J.G. Fichte born 1762.

          Tuesday,  May 20th. Moon Aquarius. Columbus died 1506. John Stuart Mill born 1806.

          Wednesday, May 21st. Moon Aquarius.  Albrecht Dürer born 1471.

          Thursday, May 22nd. Moon Pisces. Last Quarter. Richard Wagner born 1813.

          Friday, May 23rd. Moon Pisces.   Savanarola burnt at the stake 1498.

          Saturday, May 24th. Moon Pisces.   Copernicus died 1543. Lord Bulwer-Lytton born 1803.

          P.S. The Moon passes close to the planet Mars Wednesday night, though it's visible only in the late evening.

          *  M A N T R A  # 30  *

          Es spriessen mir im Seelensonnenlicht
          Des Denkens reife Früchte
          In Selbstbewusstseins Sicherheit