RE: [steiner] Re: Grains and their Forces

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 15, 2013
      *******You didn't quote the entire entry:

      Quinoa (/ˈknwɑː/ or /kɨˈn.ə/Spanishquinua, from Quechuakinwa), a species ofgoosefoot (Chenopodium), is a grain-like crop grown primarily for its edible seeds. It is a pseudocereal rather than a true cereal, or grain, as it is not a member of the true grass family. As a chenopod, quinoa is closely related to species such as beetrootsspinach and tumbleweeds.

      To: steiner@yahoogroups.com
      From: robertsmason_99@...
      Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 17:35:49 +0000
      Subject: [steiner] Re: Grains and their Forces

      > Scientists, by the way, say Quinoa is not a true grain.

      I didn't know that, so I looked it up on
      Wikipedia, and ...
      "As a chenopod, quinoa is closely related
      to species such as beetroots, spinach and
      tumbleweeds."

      Wikipedia couldn't be wrong, could it?

      RM