Soul-Calendar, Week 7 after Easter.

    Message 1 of 1 , May 11, 2013

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st through June 15th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the BULL from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, orange, was posted here last week.

      * MANTRA # 7 *

       Mein selbst, es drohet zu entfliehen,

      Vom Weltenlichte mächtig angezogen.

      Nun trete du mein Ahnen

      In deine Rechte kraftig ein

      Ersetze mir des Denkens Macht

      Das in der Sinne Schein

      Sich selbst verlieren will.

      My Self, it threatens to fly out

      To World-Light mightily drawn.

      Now enter you, my foreboding,

      Into your rightful place forcefully,

      Restore for me Thinking’s Might

      That in the Senses’ Shine

      Would lose itself.

      An interpretation of the mantra:

          The weaving of the Sun in the growth of the plants reveals the Divine
      working. The past few weeks we can feel that spiritual essence working as
      being like our souls spread out in external space. But now, the spiritual
      force of the light is SO strong that we would dissolve into it--- so an
      apprehensive feeling (German 'ahnung', fore-sensing or foreboding)of what is to come in the future grows in us, to keep us from being only in this present moment--- preventing thinking from losing itself totally in the senses.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, May 12th. Moon Gemini.   Pancratius.

      Monday, May 13th. Moon Cancer Carl von Linne born 1707. Cuvier (the great natural scientist) died 1832.

      Tuesday, May 14th. Moon Cancer.    Boniface. Ludwig Bechstein died 1860.

      Wednesday,  May 15th. Moon Leo.  Torquatus Antonius, prophet in 15th century.

      Thursday,  May 16th. Moon Leo.  Sarah. Suzanne.

      Friday
       May 17th. Moon Leo.   Bruno Magnus, Russian Apostle of the 11th century.

      Saturday,  May 18
      th. Moon Virgo. First Quarter. Isabella.

      ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

         Jupiter is the bright white 'star' in the West at sunset, next to the bright orange-red star Aldebaran, the Eye of the Bull of Taurus. The crescent moon is near it Saturday and Sunday nights, shortly after sunset, low in the west.
        Yellowish Saturn is high in the southern sky by midnight. It is reaching its greatest brilliancy, which is not very bright compared to Jupiter but still makes it stand out near the stars Arcturus and Spica.
      -Starman.