Soul-Calendar #13

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 18, 2000

      Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 13th week after Easter. The Calendar's
      52 meditative mantras enable one to experience 'astral' or soul events
      occurring within in the course of the year; it's in the original German and
      in English.

      Und bin ich in den Sinneshöhen,
      So flammt in meinen Seelentiefen
      Aus Geistes Feuerwelten
      Der Götter Wahrheitswort:
      In Geistesgründen suche ahnend
      Dich geistverwand zu finden.

      And when I am in the Senses' Heights
      There flames up in my Soul's Deeps
      Out of Spirit Fire-Worlds
      The Gods' Truth-Word:
      In Spirit-Ground seek expectantly
      Your spirit-relation to find.

      Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of visual images called
      "Imaginations", which awaken spiritual sight, and the recitation of mantras,
      which draw in "Inspirations" to begin 'spiritual hearing'. The surface
      meaning of the words of a mantra is not the essential thing, but rather the
      recitation of it and entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner
      experience. These mantras were also created in the German language and have
      their rhythm in it, so learning an English version is just a step to using
      the original. Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by other
      languages, and could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times: THE
      language in which spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore, I’ve
      tried to keep close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from
      English to German.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      In addition to the mantrams, the anthroposophical Soul-Calendar
      originally contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense
      the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's
      position in the constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar
      forces. (The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Gemini
      from June 16th to July 20th in our era; a symbolic image of Gemini executed
      from sketches & indictations by the Doctor is attached to this post.
      Unfortunately we don't yet have the symbol for Cancer; perhaps next week.)
      The Moon positions and phases are listed below for each night, along with
      some of the birth & death days of famous persons published in the first
      ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material for
      contemplation on their days. I’m translating these to restore the Calendar to
      its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

      Sunday July 16th. Moon Capricornus. The Flight of Muhammed 622 A.D. (Hegira).
      Monday July 17th. Moon Aquarius. Leo IV.
      Tuesday July 18th. Moon Aquarius. St. Thomas Aquinas.
      Wednesday July 19th. Moon Pisces. St. Vincent de Paul.
      Thursday July 20th. Moon Pisces. The Prophet Elijah (Elias).
      Friday July 21st. Moon Pisces. Daniel.
      Saturday July 22nd. Moon Aries. Last Quarter. Mary Magdalene. The astronomer
      Bessel born 1784.

      Dr. Starman*******