Welcome to Lynell

  • Sena Fernando
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 16, 2000
      A warm welcome to our most recent member, Lynell from Fairbanks,
      Alaska. Hi, Lynell, please take a look at the previous discussions
      and join in, or tell us a little about yourself when you are ready.
      Best wishes,
      Sena
      http://www.esotericlinks.com
    • L. K. Landru
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 19, 2000
        Thanks for the welcome.

        As you mentioned, I live in Alaska, so when I visit the lower 48, I always
        spend time in bookstores. (Our shopping experience is fairly limited in
        Fairbanks.) My last trip out, end of May, I happened to run across books by
        Steiner and was immediately drawn to them. I bought all five books that they
        had. Since then, I have found 6 more at a used bookstore here in town. So
        far, I've read Intuitive Thinking, half of Anthroposophy (A Fragment), and
        am presently reading How To Know Higher Worlds. I've also read a few of his
        lectures in the various other books.

        I've always been interested in metaphysics and esoteric writing, but have
        been drawn more to the Western tradition than to the Eastern. Steiner's
        ideas fit very closely with my own philosophy and with other approaches I
        have studied. I look forward to sharing these ideas with others and learning
        more.

        I also wanted to thank Dr. Starman for sharing the mantras. At first the
        translations seemed very awkward to me; they didn't flow. But as I compared
        them to the original German, I began to have a better sense for the meaning.
        The interpretation became more "inner" than intellectual, more whole than
        linear. Unfortunately, I don't speak German, so trying to recite the mantra
        in German would be a travesty of pronunciation! I'll have to combine a
        spoken English version with the holistic sense I get from the more literal
        German translation given if I want to recite the mantras.

        Best Wishes,
        Lynell Landru
        lk@... <mailto:lk@...>

        "We shall not cease from exploration