Soul-Calendar, Week 46 after Easter: Memory

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2013
    • 17 KB

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation AQUARIUS from February 9th through March 8TH in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the WATER-MAN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, one of 5 shades of 'Magenta' we can't yet actually see, is attached to this e-mail.

    * MANTRA # 46 *

    Die Welt, sie drohet zu betäuben

    Der Seele eingeborene Kraft;

    Nun trete du, Erinnerung,

    Aus Geistestiefen leuchtend auf

    Und stärke mir das Schauen

    Das nur durch Willenskräfte

    Sich selbst erhalten kann.

    The World, it threatens to benumb

    The Soul’s inborn strength;

    Now tread you, Memory,

    Out of Spirit-Depths enlightening,

    And make strong for me Vision,

    That only through the Will's Strength

    Can preserve itself.

           We are heading towards spring and summer, when our inner selves once more sleep, while the Earth awakens.

          This week in this ongoing process, this surging new life in the outer world would 'benumb' our souls if the force of MEMORY didn't come in to play its proper role, that of preserving the Vision the spirit has had of what it wishes to create this year.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, February 17th. Moon Gemini. First Quarter. Giordano Bruno burned 1600. Olcott died 1907.

    Monday, February 18th. Moon Gemini.   Luther died 1546. Michelangelo died 1564. Volta born 1745.

    Tuesday, February 19th. Moon Gemini Copernicus born 1473. 1700, Acceptance of the Gregorian Calendar by the Protestants.

    Wednesday,  February 20th. Moon Cancer.   Voltaire born 1694.

    Thursday,  February 21st. Moon Cancer Spinoza died 1677.

    Friday
     February 22nd. Moon Leo.    Papias (Disciple of the Apostles, died as a martyr 116 A.D.) Schopenhauer born 1788.

    Saturday,  Febr
    uary 23rd. Moon Leo.    Lazarus (the poor man in the Gospel). Lazarus (who as described in John’s Gospel by Christ was awakened). Mathematician Gauss died 1855. Eduard von Hartmann born 1842.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

       Jupiter is the bright white 'star' in the east that dominates the night sky, almost directly overhead at sunset, next to the bright orange-red star Aldebaran, the Eye of the Bull of Taurus. The half moon is seen near it Sunday and Monday nights.