re chronology of Jesus

  • RobertM
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2013
      Some time ago I posted a critique of Robert
      Powell's chronology of the times of Jesus.
      See here:
      <www.altanthroinfo.9f.com/timingoff.htm>

      (Note, February 2013: I have just seen
      Robert Jan Kelder's translations of some
      work by Werner Greub on the chronology
      of Jesus [see for instance:
      <http://willehalminstitute.blogspot.com/2009/12/de-vero-anno-on-birthday-of-jesus.html#!/2009/12/de-vero-anno-on-birthday-of-jesus.html>
      and
      <http://willehalminstitute.blogspot.com/#!/2011/01/chronology-of-gospels-jesus-mystery.html>]
      If these discussions are even close to being
      correct, they necessitate a re-thinking of
      my critique of Robert Powell's work on this
      chronology. I have hardly begun this
      re-thinking, but I am posting here these
      links to Kelder's website for the benefit
      of the reader. I would suggest that the
      reader take Kelder's notes into consideration
      along with my notes re Powell's work. I
      still believe that Powell made some serious
      errors, but maybe I did too. -- FYI.)

      RM