Threefolding With Christ

  • juancompostella
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 28, 2012

      I would like to return again briefly in this excellent analysis of the "threefolding issue", to the diagram presented in the lecture from December 15, 1919, wherein Steiner characterizes the situation that has arisen with the end of the war, and the effects of the Treaty of Versailles, wherein Germany has been made to take the blame for causing the war.

      Thus, what this diagram represents is an accurate depiction of what has occurred when Christ is not recognized as the middle figure in the Central Powers, wherein the 'Rights Life' exists to balance the world situation of 'Spiritual Life' in the East, and 'Economic Life' in the West.

      As a result, we see that Lucifer takes the central position; Ahriman the eastern, and Azuras the western position. Now, this is an accurate reflection of what is going on in the world, even today, some 94 years since Steiner brought out the "threefolding issue" for our time.

      By placing Christ in the centre position, we necessarily put Lucifer to the east, and Ahriman to the west, which represents equanimity. But, by rejecting the Christ, which the first world war attempts to do, we get Lucifer as the replacement in the middle, and which begets Ahriman to the east, and the Azuras to the west.

      Thus, by retaining Lucifer in the middle position, wherein the "Rights Life' should be properly accorded to the recognition of Christ, we get the very opposite of what should be occurring within an harmonious world conception. In fact, it has allowed the Azuras to dominate the world with its 'Economic Life' that seeks to rule in an extremely over-arching fashion.

      Taken further this can be proved by the fact that the second world war saw Stalin as the ruler in the east (ahriman), Hitler as ruler in the centre (lucifer), and Roosevelt as ruler in the west (azuras). And it is doubtful that anyone would deny the azuric force that served to end the second world war.

      Anthroposophy exists to make the Christ Impulse our central concern for the proper correction and balance of the world scene. But we still have this disoriented model in operation in the world, and Steiner drew a very accurate depiction of the "ball of yarn" that still prevails today.

      Diagram 13