Soul-Calendar, Week 37 after Easter (WINTER)

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 16, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 53 KB

         The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list ofdates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SAGITTARIUS from December 1st through Jan. 4th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the ARCHER from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, one of 5 shades of 'Magenta' we can't yet actually see, is attached to this e-mail.

    * MANTRA # 37 (Winter) *

    Zu tragen Geisteslicht in Weltenwinternacht

    Erstrebet selig meines Herzens Trieb

    Dass leuchtend Seelenkeime

    In Weltengrunden wurzeln

    Und Gotteswort im Sinnesdunkel

    Verklarend alles Sein durchtont.

    To carry Spirit-Light in World-Winter-Night,

    Strives joyfully my Heart's Drive,

    That light-filled Soul-Seeds

    In World-Ground take root

    And God's Word in Senses' Darkness

    Makes clear all Being it resounds through.

    An interpretation of the mantra:

          Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness (as opposed to Nature Consciousness) grows. Last week, this grew to the point where the divine world spoke in the soul's depths in a way that could be sensed through use of the mantra, saying that if our deeds would be filled with its Light, we could be its channels to others. This week, it plants luminous seeds in the soul for future work, and through the mantric work we can feel ourselves striving to carry these into the world, as light-beings carrying the Spirit into the darkness of matter, so that the divine working through us enlightens it.

    Sunday, December 16th. Moon Aquarius. Ludwig van Beethoven born 1770. Wilhelm Grimm died 1878.

    Monday, December 17th. Moon Pisces.  Day of Lazarus, he who by Christ was awakened.

    Tuesday, December 18th. Moon Pisces.  Lamarck died 1829.
    Wednesday, December 19th. Moon Pisces.  Abraham.

    Thursday, December 20th. Moon Aries. First QuarterAmmon, Christian teacher of the 2nd century.

    Friday Dec
    ember 21st. Moon Aries.  Feast day of Thomas the "Doubting" Apostle.

     December 22nd. Moon Taurus.  Theodosius.

       Jupiter is the bright white 'star' in the east that dominates the night sky, rising at sunset, next to the bright orange-red star Aldebaran, the Eye of the Bull of Taurus.