    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 53 KB

         The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list ofdates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days.

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SAGITTARIUS from December 1st through Jan. 4th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the ARCHER from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, one of 5 shades of 'Magenta' we can't yet actually see, is attached to this e-mail.

    * MANTRA # 35 *

    Kann ich das Sein erkennen

    Dass es sich wiederfindet

    Im Seelenschaffensdrange?

    Ich fuhle, das mir Macht verlieh'n

    Das eigne Selbst dem Weltenselbst

    Als Glied bescheiden einzuleben.

    Can I so know Existence

    That it is found again

    In my Soul's Creative Urge?

    I feel that Might is lent me

    For my Self to live at one with

    and be a modest instrument of the World-Self.

        Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness grows. Last week, we found
    within this growing self-consciousness the World's power flowing into deeds
    in such a way that the self could imprint its nature onto the world. This
    week the soul seeks to so know the world that it is that world, not just the
    self, which works creatively in us; and we feel power lent us to so be one
    with the world.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, December 2nd. Moon Leo. Cortez died 1547.

    Monday, December 3rd. Moon Leo.  St. Francis Xavier.

    Tuesday, December 4th. Moon Virgo. Thomas Carlyle born 1795. Galvani died 1798.

    Wednesday, December 5th. Moon Virgo.  Mozart died 1791.

    Thursday, December 6th. Moon Virgo. Last Quarter.  Nikolaus (Legend: A father, on the way to Hunger and Poverty, was going to hand over his three daughters to shamefulness; Nikolaus discovered this and at night threw a bundle of gold through the man's window, enough to provide his three daughters with a dowry and for the man to live on. From this the tradition, that on this day we give gifts to children.)  Max Muller the  Orientalist born 1833.

    Friday Dec
    ember 7th. Moon Libra. First German railroad opened 1835.

    Saturday,
     December 8th. Moon Libra.   Festival of the Conception of Mary (Remembrance of the conception without sin of Mary through her mother Anna).  Herbert Spencer died 1903.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

       Jupiter is the bright white 'star' in the east that dominates the night sky, rising shortly after sunset, next to the bright star Aldebaran, the Eye of the Bull of Taurus.