Soul-Calendar, 31st Week after Easter

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 4, 2012
    • 20 KB

        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from October 13th through  Nov. 9th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCALES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, Violet, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  MANTRA # 31 *

    Das Licht aus Geistestiefen,

    Nach aussen strebt es sonnenhaft:

    Es wird zur Lebenswillenskraft

    Und leuchtet in der Sinne Dumpfheit,

    Um Kräfte zu entbinden,

    Die Schaffensmächte aus Seelentrieben

    In Menschenwerke reifen lassen.

    The Light out of Spirit-Depths

    Strives outwards like the Sun:

    It turns into Life-Will-Force

    And shines into the Senses' Dullness,

    The Powers to unbind,

    That Shaping-Might out of Soul-Drives

    In Man's Work will let ripen.

         The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer.

        Last week, we felt this growing thinking consciousness directing all our feelings from vagueness to certainty, as our summer soul-experience awakened fully.

        This week, the verse focuses our attention on the spiritual light of thinking and how it seeks to turn to the outer world, turning into will-forces for living and illuminating the otherwise dull sense-existence, and thus turning the blind urges of the soul into creatively-shaping forces.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday,  November 4th. Moon Cancer. 1493 Columbus landed in Guadaloupe.

    Monday,   November 5th. Moon Leo. 1494 Hans Sachs born.

    Tuesday,  November 6th. Moon Leo. Last Quarter. 1771 Senefelder, the inventor of Lithography, born.

    Wednesday,  November 7th. Moon Virgo. 1775 Goethe entered into Weimar.

    Thursday,  November 8th. Moon Virgo.  1674 Milton died.

    Friday
      November 9th. Moon Virgo.  Day of Remembrance of 40 Martyrs, who because they refused to participate in a Feast to pagan gods, were murdered by the Langobards.

    Saturday,
     November 10th. Moon Libra1483 Luther born. 1759 Schiller born.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:
      Mars can still just barely be seen near the bright red star Antares, heart of the Scorpion, very low in the southwest at sunset, except from high latitudes.
      Jupiter is the bright 'star' in the northeast that rises about 10 P.M., near the red star Aldebaran (the Bull's Eye of Taurus) and Orion the Hunter.