Soul-Calendar, Week 27 after Easter

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 7, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 29 KB

        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from September 8th through October 12th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, Indigo, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  MANTRA # 27 *

    In meines Wesens Tiefen dringen:

    Erregt ein ahnungsvolles Sehnen,

    Dass ich mich selbstbetrachtend finde,

    Als Sommersonnengabe, die als Keim

    In Herbstesstimmung wärmend lebt

    Als meiner Seele Kräftetriebe.

    In my essence's depths is a force:

    It excites a premonition-filled yearning

    That I in my self-contemplation find

    As Summer-Sun's gift, which as a seed

    In Autumn's approach warming lives

    As my Soul's Power-Drive.

       The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we have in Summer. Last week this developing ego-consciousness, the gift of the soul's experience in Summer, was carried into our own wills, and this gave backbone to the drives of our human spirits so that they had a stamp of Self-feeling; this is the solar essence we carry within us into the 'night-time' of the year.

      This week's verse describes a feeling of simply finding a driving force present in our soul depths as a result of this; when I look within, I find a strong yearning for what I sense must now begin to happen in the future; a powerful force lives in the soul's drives which we must sense as a seed of future development as we press on into the Autumn.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday,  October 7th. Moon CancerSerapius.

    Monday,   October 8th. Moon Cancer. Last Quarter. Ephraim (Joseph's Son). 1502 Founding of the University of Wittenberg.

    Tuesday,  October 9th. Moon Leo.  Dionysius (he who conducted the counting of the years since the Birth of Christ and decided the the method for fixing the celebration of the Easter festival).

    Wednesday,  October 10th. Moon Leo.  Gideon.

    Thursday,  October 11th. Moon Virgo. 1531 Zwingli died.

    Friday
     October 12th. Moon Virgo. Wilfred (acted for the spreading of Christianity in Sweden in the 11th century).

    Saturday,
    October 13th. Moon Libra.  Angelus.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:
       None.
    Morning sky:  Jupiter and Venus are the bright 'stars' in the East for a few hours before dawn.

    Message 2 of 6 , Sep 29, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 139 KB

[...]

        Last week this developing ego-consciousness, the gift of the soul's experience in Summer, we carried into our own wills, and this gave backbone to the drives of our human spirits so that they had a stamp of Self-feeling; this is the solar essence we carry within us into the 'night-time' of the year.

       This week's verse describes a feeling of simply finding a driving force present in our soul depths as a result of this; when I look within, I find a strong yearning for what I sense must now begin to happen in the future; a powerful force lives in the soul's drives, which we must sense as a seed of future development as we press on into the Autumn.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, September 29th. Moon Leo.  Michael (the Archangel).

    Monday, September 30th. Moon Leo.  Hieronymus, died 420, Christian Church teacher.

    Tuesday, October 1st. Moon Virgo.  1386 Founding of the University of Heidelburg.  1847 Annie Besant born.

    Wednesday,  October 2nd. Moon Virgo.  Frumentius (spreader of Christianity in Ethiopia in the 4th Century). 1892 Ernst Renan died.

    Thursday, October 3rd. Moon Libra Dionysius the Aeropagite, comrade of Paul. Jairus (in Matthew's Gospel). Simplicius.

    Friday  October 4th. Moon Libra. New Moon.  Marcianus (spreader of Christianity in Egypt in the 4th Century).1226 Francis of Assizi died.

    Saturday,  October 5th. Moon Scorpio.  Placidus (bringer of Christianity to Sicily in the 6th Century). 1582 The Gregorian Calendar became established.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

       Venus is the bright white 'star' in the West at sunset. Dimmer yellowish Saturn is near it.