Re: [steiner] calendar of the soul

  • Gisele
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 5 12:43 PM
      radistasi@... writes; Starman, I want to extend my thanks to you
      for posting the Soul-Calendar on<BR>
      a weekly basis. I shouldn't; take that effort for granted. I think that
      it<BR>
      is a good addition to all of the others posts.

      ~~~~Hi Starman, I join in what Richard says: I started saving and filing
      your weekly calendars last summer, but there are many gaps in between weeks.
      I never told you before how much I appreciate that work you do, so, thanks!

      *******The Calendar starts with mantram #1 at Easter. If people would like
      to try using them, I 'll start posting them again at our anthroposophic ;new

      year;, Eastertide. This is a good time to start a spiritual exercise like
      this. What was conceived at Christmastime wants to rise up now, so any of
      you who were in <BR>
      the 12 Nights' study should consider doing it. Dr. Starman

      ~~~~I'd like to be able to something , I need some tips though.
      I have no idea how to work with it. Any advice or explanation on the subject
      would be useful and appreciated.
      Gisele

    • Duncan Fernando
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 6 10:32 AM
        Sarah,
        I still don't like the idea of attachments. It is of course possible
        upload images to the Files area.
        Sena
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 6 11:52 AM
          >Sarah,
          > I still don't like the idea of attachments. It is of course possible
          >upload images to the Files area.
          > Sena

          That would be a great idea. That way, those of us who want the
          pictures can go get them.

          Sarah
        • eurythmy
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 7 3:36 AM
            Excellent idea to put them to file, they would be more easily accessible
            there, especially for new comers who fall in love with them.

            Franky

            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 8 11:03 AM
              There is an excellent article and beautiful drawings of the Calendar of the
              Soul forms on: http://www.eurythmy.org.uk/reading/art_nr.html
              Yours,
              Franky
            • starmann77@aol.com
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 13 3:11 PM
                < radistasi@... writes; Starman, I want to extend my thanks to you
                for posting the Soul-Calendar on a weekly basis. <<
                Fioredortica@... writes:
                ~~~~Hi Starman, I join in what Richard says: I started saving and filing
                your weekly calendars last summer, but there are many gaps in between weeks.
                I never told you before how much I appreciate that work you do, so, thanks!

                *******The Calendar starts with mantram #1 at Easter. If people would like
                to try using them, I 'll start posting them again at our anthroposophic "new
                year", Eastertide. This is a good time to start a spiritual exercise like
                this. What was conceived at Christmastime wants to rise up now, so any of
                you who were in the 12 Nights' study should consider doing it. Dr. Starman

                ~~~~I'd like to be able to something , I need some tips though.
                I have no idea how to work with it. Any advice or explanation on the subject
                would be useful and appreciated.
                Gisele >>

                *******All right, why don't all the people who would like to use the Calendar
                plan on starting on Easter Sunday? Here's some tips: first, let me repeat for
                anyone who is new to this what the 'Calendar of the Soul' is. Steiner gave
                out a series of 52 mantras that enable you to experience astrally the course
                of the year, and in the original 1912 published version there were also
                saints & other spiritual figures & events listed for each day, 12 images of
                the zodiac (one for each month), and the Moon phases and signs listed for
                each night. I have the 12 images and the German original of the Calendar with
                everything in it (most books have only the mantras) and can post this every
                week.

                The Calendar starts with mantram #1 at Easter. One way to think of using
                the mantras is like an actor learning one's lines. You first need to memorize
                the verse so that you can recite it from memory whenever you wish to. Then,
                you can enter a little deeper into the experience of it by repeating it,
                silently or aloud. Most people will insist on using an English translation,
                but I found that a hindrance: so I work with the original German and think
                the words in English as I say the German. That's how I did my translations a
                bit at a time over the past twenty years.

                The first verse, for instance, describes how the Sun calls out to us, how
                our senses are affected by its 'return' or rebirth at Easter (in the Northern
                Hemisphere; I don't want to get into any futile discussions with people about
                the hemispheres but it's obvious that the mantras are tied to the seasons as
                we experience them in the North).
                This awakens joy within us as the Light grows, drawing our thoughts out to
                the wide world. So:

                Wenn aus den Weltenweiten die Sonne spricht zum Menschensinn...
                When out of the World-Widths the Sun speaks to man's Senses...
                (Welten weiten, the wide world)
                Undf Freude aus Seelentiefen dem Light sich eint im Schauen...
                And Joy out of Soul-Deeps the Light becomes one with in Vision...

                As you can see, the German is not so much more difficult than the English.
                But choose either and start memorizing those first lines; they describe the
                Easter event. The Sun, Light, Vision.

                More tomorrow...

                Dr. Starman
              • Charlie Morrison
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 20 5:20 PM
                  -Dear Starman,

                  Up until now I've been reading your 'calendar of the soul posts' but
                  not actually using them. I also have a copy of this in book form, but
                  I haven't used this either.

                  After the recent posts on the subject, I've felt a strong inclination
                  to actually make use of the mantras you send. So I began as soon as I
                  read your latest installment, (week 1, the perfect time to start).

                  I intend to memorise, digest and meditate on the mantras from now on.
                  So I thank you for providing this service. Keep up the good work.

                  Warm regards, charlie
                • starmann77@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 22 8:33 AM
                    In a message dated 4/20/01 8:21:59 PM, charliemorrison@... writes:

                    << -Dear Starman,

                    Up until now I've been reading your 'calendar of the soul posts' but
                    not actually using them. I also have a copy of this in book form, but
                    I haven't used this either.

                    After the recent posts on the subject, I've felt a strong inclination
                    to actually make use of the mantras you send. So I began as soon as I
                    read your latest installment, (week 1, the perfect time to start).

                    I intend to memorise, digest and meditate on the mantras from now on.
                    So I thank you for providing this service. Keep up the good work.

                    Warm regards, charlie >>

                    Well, it's so good to hear someone is actually using these. The path of
                    spiritual science is that one first begins to take these things in with one's
                    ordinary mind, ponder them, speculate, etc.; but if one wishes to become a
                    spiritual scientist, at some point one must begin to take up meditative
                    Imaginations, mantras, etc., and develop a regular meditative life. All the
                    speculation about what Steiner said in this or that lecture won't lead to
                    seeing for oneself. OK, I'm starting posting them again regularly. If any
                    others over the next year get anything out of these, they'll have you to
                    thank.