Soul-Calendar, Week 23 after Easter-Start of Summer Changing to Autumn

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9 5:06 PM
    [Attachment(s) from Durward Starman included below]

        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from September 8th through October 12th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, Indigo, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  MANTRA # 23 *

    Es dämpfet herbstlich sich

    Der Sinne Reizesstreben;

    In Lichtesoffenbarung mischen

    Der Nebel dumpfe Schleier sich.

    Ich selber schau in Raumesweiten

    Des Herbstes Winterschlaf.

    Der Sommer hat an mich

    Sich selber hingegeben.

    There is muffled Autumnally

    The Senses' streaming Charms;

    In Light-Revealings mingles

    The Fog's musty Veil.

    I myself see in Widths of Space

    The Autumn's Winter-Sleep.

    The Summer has to me

    Its own self given over.

        Last week, that which was received spiritually from the Summer Light and Warmth was felt as an ongoing power within, releasing the fruit of its working, to evolve a Self out of the World-Self. This is because, at the time of change from Summer to Winter, we cease to be conscious of the external world and instead become conscious again of ourselves, as if awakening from a summer dream-state: our Nature-Consciousness strives to become inner Self Consciousness.

        But at first we may feel fear due to no longer being able to lean on outer things for consciousness, which is why the symbol of the warrior archangel is placed before us at Michaelmas, summoning us to have courage, for we are not going to die as our summer nature-consciousness wanes, but rather wake up.

        This week's verse is the first appearance of Autumn dulling the senses' summer brilliance; but that which has been gained from the summer-experience now becomes our inner self-experience.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday,  September 9th. Moon Cancer. 1828 Tolstoy born.

    Monday,   September 10th. Moon Cancer Sosthenus (by Paul made a leader).

    Tuesday,  September 11th. Moon LeoAbraham (Race-father of the Old Hebrew People).

    Wednesday,   September 12th. Moon Leo.  Tobias.

    Thursday,  September 13th. Moon Leo.  1872 the Philosopher Ludwig  Feuerbach died.

    Friday
     September 14th. Moon Virgo. Festival of the High Cross. Heraclius, brought in 629 the Cross of Christ to Constantinople. 1769 Alexander von Humboldt born. 1887 The Philosopher Freidrich Theodore Vischer died.

    Saturday,  September 15th. Moon Virgo. New Moon.
     Nicodemus (who in John's Gospel was made a

             leader).

    ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:
       Reddish Mars and dimmer, yellowish Saturn are still visible low in the southwest for about an hour after sunset, making a triangle with the star Spica.