Re: [steiner] calendar of the soul

  • Sarah Cherry
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 5, 2001
      I would be interested as well. Perhaps we can take a chance on
      "attachments' again. I really like to have the images to study.

      Sarah

    • Gisele
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 5, 2001
        radistasi@... writes; Starman, I want to extend my thanks to you
        for posting the Soul-Calendar on<BR>
        a weekly basis. I shouldn't; take that effort for granted. I think that
        it<BR>
        is a good addition to all of the others posts.

        ~~~~Hi Starman, I join in what Richard says: I started saving and filing
        your weekly calendars last summer, but there are many gaps in between weeks.
        I never told you before how much I appreciate that work you do, so, thanks!

        *******The Calendar starts with mantram #1 at Easter. If people would like
        to try using them, I 'll start posting them again at our anthroposophic ;new

        year;, Eastertide. This is a good time to start a spiritual exercise like
        this. What was conceived at Christmastime wants to rise up now, so any of
        you who were in <BR>
        the 12 Nights' study should consider doing it. Dr. Starman

        ~~~~I'd like to be able to something , I need some tips though.
        I have no idea how to work with it. Any advice or explanation on the subject
        would be useful and appreciated.
        Gisele

      • Duncan Fernando
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 6, 2001
          Sarah,
          I still don't like the idea of attachments. It is of course possible
          upload images to the Files area.
          Sena

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 6, 2001
            >Sarah,
            > I still don't like the idea of attachments. It is of course possible
            >upload images to the Files area.
            > Sena

            That would be a great idea. That way, those of us who want the
            pictures can go get them.

            Sarah
          • eurythmy
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 7, 2001
              Excellent idea to put them to file, they would be more easily accessible
              there, especially for new comers who fall in love with them.

              Franky

              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 8, 2001
                There is an excellent article and beautiful drawings of the Calendar of the
                Soul forms on: http://www.eurythmy.org.uk/reading/art_nr.html
                Yours,
                Franky
              • starmann77@aol.com
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 13, 2001
                  Fioredortica@... writes:
                  ~~~~Hi Starman, I join in what Richard says: I started saving and filing
                  your weekly calendars last summer, but there are many gaps in between weeks.
                  I never told you before how much I appreciate that work you do, so, thanks!

                  *******The Calendar starts with mantram #1 at Easter. If people would like
                  to try using them, I 'll start posting them again at our anthroposophic "new
                  year", Eastertide. This is a good time to start a spiritual exercise like
                  this. What was conceived at Christmastime wants to rise up now, so any of
                  you who were in the 12 Nights' study should consider doing it. Dr. Starman

                  ~~~~I'd like to be able to something , I need some tips though.
                  I have no idea how to work with it. Any advice or explanation on the subject
                  would be useful and appreciated.
                  Gisele >>

                  *******All right, why don't all the people who would like to use the Calendar
                  plan on starting on Easter Sunday? Here's some tips: first, let me repeat for
                  anyone who is new to this what the 'Calendar of the Soul' is. Steiner gave
                  out a series of 52 mantras that enable you to experience astrally the course
                  of the year, and in the original 1912 published version there were also
                  saints & other spiritual figures & events listed for each day, 12 images of
                  the zodiac (one for each month), and the Moon phases and signs listed for
                  each night. I have the 12 images and the German original of the Calendar with
                  everything in it (most books have only the mantras) and can post this every
                  week.

                  The Calendar starts with mantram #1 at Easter. One way to think of using
                  the mantras is like an actor learning one's lines. You first need to memorize
                  the verse so that you can recite it from memory whenever you wish to. Then,
                  you can enter a little deeper into the experience of it by repeating it,
                  silently or aloud. Most people will insist on using an English translation,
                  but I found that a hindrance: so I work with the original German and think
                  the words in English as I say the German. That's how I did my translations a
                  bit at a time over the past twenty years.

                  The first verse, for instance, describes how the Sun calls out to us, how
                  our senses are affected by its 'return' or rebirth at Easter (in the Northern
                  Hemisphere; I don't want to get into any futile discussions with people about
                  the hemispheres but it's obvious that the mantras are tied to the seasons as
                  we experience them in the North).
                  This awakens joy within us as the Light grows, drawing our thoughts out to
                  the wide world. So:

                  Wenn aus den Weltenweiten die Sonne spricht zum Menschensinn...
                  When out of the World-Widths the Sun speaks to man's Senses...
                  (Welten weiten, the wide world)
                  Undf Freude aus Seelentiefen dem Light sich eint im Schauen...
                  And Joy out of Soul-Deeps the Light becomes one with in Vision...

                  As you can see, the German is not so much more difficult than the English.
                  But choose either and start memorizing those first lines; they describe the
                  Easter event. The Sun, Light, Vision.

                  More tomorrow...

                  Dr. Starman
                • Charlie Morrison
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 20, 2001
                    -Dear Starman,

                    Up until now I've been reading your 'calendar of the soul posts' but
                    not actually using them. I also have a copy of this in book form, but
                    I haven't used this either.

                    After the recent posts on the subject, I've felt a strong inclination
                    to actually make use of the mantras you send. So I began as soon as I
                    read your latest installment, (week 1, the perfect time to start).

                    I intend to memorise, digest and meditate on the mantras from now on.
                    So I thank you for providing this service. Keep up the good work.

                    Warm regards, charlie
                  • starmann77@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 22, 2001
                      In a message dated 4/20/01 8:21:59 PM, charliemorrison@... writes:

                      << -Dear Starman,

                      Up until now I've been reading your 'calendar of the soul posts' but
                      not actually using them. I also have a copy of this in book form, but
                      I haven't used this either.

                      After the recent posts on the subject, I've felt a strong inclination
                      to actually make use of the mantras you send. So I began as soon as I
                      read your latest installment, (week 1, the perfect time to start).

                      I intend to memorise, digest and meditate on the mantras from now on.
                      So I thank you for providing this service. Keep up the good work.

                      Warm regards, charlie >>

                      Well, it's so good to hear someone is actually using these. The path of
                      spiritual science is that one first begins to take these things in with one's
                      ordinary mind, ponder them, speculate, etc.; but if one wishes to become a
                      spiritual scientist, at some point one must begin to take up meditative
                      Imaginations, mantras, etc., and develop a regular meditative life. All the
                      speculation about what Steiner said in this or that lecture won't lead to
                      seeing for oneself. OK, I'm starting posting them again regularly. If any
                      others over the next year get anything out of these, they'll have you to
                      thank.