Re: Introduction

  • juancompostella
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 7, 2012
      --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Ondria J. Wasem, Ph.D." <ondria@...> wrote:

      > Dear Juan,
      >
      > Thank you for looking out for me. After reading two posts, I determined
      > that Waldorf_Critics is not the place for me. I sent my question there
      > figuring that if the quote were not really from Steiner, they might be
      > aware of the fallacy, even happy to expose it, and know of the correct
      > source. The tone of the conversation, completely lacking in respect and
      > empathy for the other, is so different from what I experience in Waldorf
      > circles, that I knew I would not stay long. They did not even ask me to
      > introduce myself. That group does not seem motivated to make connection,
      > and I am private enough not to introduce myself when I am not asked.
      <snip>

      Waldorf_Critics like to bite and chew their opponents, which is you, even as you demonstrate good-will, courtesy, professional ethics, knowledge/experience, ability, and so forth....

      Diana was a meager teachers aide when her boy was in kindergarten at the Philadelphia Waldorf School. Then she put him in a quaker school, which means her experience is next to nil. She studies anthroposophy only to refute it in terms of a materialistic apprehension of the world and its beings. Her big passion is eagle watching and birthing ratios.

      Peter S. seems to want anthroposophical discussion, but only as a ploy designed to imply that anthro's haven't the acumen for it. Yet, it can be shown that it has been given, offered, and even challenged for!

      Yet, and this is important in terms of professional ethics, this guy is the biggest and most clever dissembler out there, who will take and twist words and name-drop to no end in a quest that can only be equated to a kind of "secular jesuitism", which is an old term for someone to watch out for when you're seeking and advocating truth; truth and knowledge towards wisdom.

      Juan
    • marla hanan
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 25, 2012
        Hi. I am happy to have stumbled upon this group.

        I am a mother to three boys, we have been part of a Waldorf school community for five years and before that I started my own.

        We have now ventured out into the wider world of public school, but Steiner and Waldorf education still informs much of our life and it has been a great gift to study Steiner's work.

        Thank you and with blessings.

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 25, 2012
          Welcome to our group, Marla. Perhaps we could have a discussion about Waldorf Education here. We just had an interesting one on Steiner's philosophy.

          -starman

          www.DrStarman.com

          To: steiner@yahoogroups.com