Re: [steiner] calendar of the soul

  • Richard Distasi
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 5 4:03 AM
      Starman,

      Yes, I would be interested. It seems though that things have gotten very
      quiet since the 12 Nights study not only on this list but on other lists as
      well. Again thanks for your efforts.

      [rick distasi]

      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 5 4:33 AM
        I would be interested as well. Perhaps we can take a chance on
        "attachments' again. I really like to have the images to study.

        Sarah

      • Gisele
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 5 12:43 PM
          radistasi@... writes; Starman, I want to extend my thanks to you
          for posting the Soul-Calendar on<BR>
          a weekly basis. I shouldn't; take that effort for granted. I think that
          it<BR>
          is a good addition to all of the others posts.

          ~~~~Hi Starman, I join in what Richard says: I started saving and filing
          your weekly calendars last summer, but there are many gaps in between weeks.
          I never told you before how much I appreciate that work you do, so, thanks!

          *******The Calendar starts with mantram #1 at Easter. If people would like
          to try using them, I 'll start posting them again at our anthroposophic ;new

          year;, Eastertide. This is a good time to start a spiritual exercise like
          this. What was conceived at Christmastime wants to rise up now, so any of
          you who were in <BR>
          the 12 Nights' study should consider doing it. Dr. Starman

          ~~~~I'd like to be able to something , I need some tips though.
          I have no idea how to work with it. Any advice or explanation on the subject
          would be useful and appreciated.
          Gisele

        • Duncan Fernando
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 6 10:32 AM
            Sarah,
            I still don't like the idea of attachments. It is of course possible
            upload images to the Files area.
            Sena

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 6 11:52 AM
              >Sarah,
              > I still don't like the idea of attachments. It is of course possible
              >upload images to the Files area.
              > Sena

              That would be a great idea. That way, those of us who want the
              pictures can go get them.

              Sarah
            • eurythmy
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 7 3:36 AM
                Excellent idea to put them to file, they would be more easily accessible
                there, especially for new comers who fall in love with them.

                Franky

                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 8 11:03 AM
                  There is an excellent article and beautiful drawings of the Calendar of the
                  Soul forms on: http://www.eurythmy.org.uk/reading/art_nr.html
                  Yours,
                  Franky
                • starmann77@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 13 3:11 PM
                    Fioredortica@... writes:
                    ~~~~Hi Starman, I join in what Richard says: I started saving and filing
                    your weekly calendars last summer, but there are many gaps in between weeks.
                    I never told you before how much I appreciate that work you do, so, thanks!

                    *******The Calendar starts with mantram #1 at Easter. If people would like
                    to try using them, I 'll start posting them again at our anthroposophic "new
                    year", Eastertide. This is a good time to start a spiritual exercise like
                    this. What was conceived at Christmastime wants to rise up now, so any of
                    you who were in the 12 Nights' study should consider doing it. Dr. Starman

                    ~~~~I'd like to be able to something , I need some tips though.
                    I have no idea how to work with it. Any advice or explanation on the subject
                    would be useful and appreciated.
                    Gisele >>

                    *******All right, why don't all the people who would like to use the Calendar
                    plan on starting on Easter Sunday? Here's some tips: first, let me repeat for
                    anyone who is new to this what the 'Calendar of the Soul' is. Steiner gave
                    out a series of 52 mantras that enable you to experience astrally the course
                    of the year, and in the original 1912 published version there were also
                    saints & other spiritual figures & events listed for each day, 12 images of
                    the zodiac (one for each month), and the Moon phases and signs listed for
                    each night. I have the 12 images and the German original of the Calendar with
                    everything in it (most books have only the mantras) and can post this every
                    week.

                    The Calendar starts with mantram #1 at Easter. One way to think of using
                    the mantras is like an actor learning one's lines. You first need to memorize
                    the verse so that you can recite it from memory whenever you wish to. Then,
                    you can enter a little deeper into the experience of it by repeating it,
                    silently or aloud. Most people will insist on using an English translation,
                    but I found that a hindrance: so I work with the original German and think
                    the words in English as I say the German. That's how I did my translations a
                    bit at a time over the past twenty years.

                    The first verse, for instance, describes how the Sun calls out to us, how
                    our senses are affected by its 'return' or rebirth at Easter (in the Northern
                    Hemisphere; I don't want to get into any futile discussions with people about
                    the hemispheres but it's obvious that the mantras are tied to the seasons as
                    we experience them in the North).
                    This awakens joy within us as the Light grows, drawing our thoughts out to
                    the wide world. So:

                    Wenn aus den Weltenweiten die Sonne spricht zum Menschensinn...
                    When out of the World-Widths the Sun speaks to man's Senses...
                    (Welten weiten, the wide world)
                    Undf Freude aus Seelentiefen dem Light sich eint im Schauen...
                    And Joy out of Soul-Deeps the Light becomes one with in Vision...

                    As you can see, the German is not so much more difficult than the English.
                    But choose either and start memorizing those first lines; they describe the
                    Easter event. The Sun, Light, Vision.

                    More tomorrow...

                    Dr. Starman
                  • Charlie Morrison
                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 20 5:20 PM
                      -Dear Starman,

                      Up until now I've been reading your 'calendar of the soul posts' but
                      not actually using them. I also have a copy of this in book form, but
                      I haven't used this either.

                      After the recent posts on the subject, I've felt a strong inclination
                      to actually make use of the mantras you send. So I began as soon as I
                      read your latest installment, (week 1, the perfect time to start).

                      I intend to memorise, digest and meditate on the mantras from now on.
                      So I thank you for providing this service. Keep up the good work.

                      Warm regards, charlie
                    • starmann77@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 22 8:33 AM
                        In a message dated 4/20/01 8:21:59 PM, charliemorrison@... writes:

                        << -Dear Starman,

                        Up until now I've been reading your 'calendar of the soul posts' but
                        not actually using them. I also have a copy of this in book form, but
                        I haven't used this either.

                        After the recent posts on the subject, I've felt a strong inclination
                        to actually make use of the mantras you send. So I began as soon as I
                        read your latest installment, (week 1, the perfect time to start).

                        I intend to memorise, digest and meditate on the mantras from now on.
                        So I thank you for providing this service. Keep up the good work.

                        Warm regards, charlie >>

                        Well, it's so good to hear someone is actually using these. The path of
                        spiritual science is that one first begins to take these things in with one's
                        ordinary mind, ponder them, speculate, etc.; but if one wishes to become a
                        spiritual scientist, at some point one must begin to take up meditative
                        Imaginations, mantras, etc., and develop a regular meditative life. All the
                        speculation about what Steiner said in this or that lecture won't lead to
                        seeing for oneself. OK, I'm starting posting them again regularly. If any
                        others over the next year get anything out of these, they'll have you to
                        thank.