Re: [steiner] The Human Heart.

  • Ondria J. Wasem, Ph.D.
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2012
      What you wrote here, specifically the last three paragraphs, seems to connect with my personal experience, in my early forties, of trying to learn to think with my heart rather than solely with my head. That is the time when I set myself the goal of becoming wise.

      Ondy

      On Tue, 04 Sep 2012 23:37:17 -0400, juancompostella <juancompostella@...> wrote:

      Here is something I wrote a few years ago when an interest existed for what the human heart meant. -Juan

      The archives of the Anthroposophy List have been burned to the ground, much like the Alexandrian Library of Egypt was burned down; not once but twice even. But as prescience of this eventual act I kept a journal of my original writings on that list dating back to September of 2006. The Etheric Heart was written about in relation to its transformation from a physical organ to a completely etherized organ by age fourteen. Then something more enters into the field of operation.

      The heart we are born with is a physical heart, and thus embodies
      the parentage that forms the last act of our pre-birth decisions.
      So, from birth to age seven, while the Etheric Body lies outside of
      our physically inherited traits, existing in the form of a grand
      Cosmic Sphere of Sun, Moon, Planets and the Starry World that
      confines them, we begin to imitate through observation. And thus is
      acquired, through effort, in the first three and a half years of
      life, the great coordinating trinity of: equilibrium in space,
      larynx formation for speech, and the consequent knitting of the fine
      bones at the crown of the skull that will serve to contain our
      thoughts.

      At seven years of age, beginning with the change of the hereditary
      teeth to the ones that mark our unique individuality, the
      aforementioned Etheric Body begins to instream into the physical
      heart of birth, and this intense raying in activity effects the
      comp! lete transformation of the heart into an entirely etheric
      structure. Imagine the burning bush seen by Moses on Mount Sinai
      and you will see what actually resides within your own breast.

      At about fourteen years of age, at the completion of this great
      instreaming that begets our individual etheric body, a grand
      convergence occurs. This is when the compact kernel of our Astral
      Body, also outside of us since birth, slips in carrying all the
      karma worked out in the life in higher worlds before our birth.
      Thus, it can be said that from birth until about fourteen years of
      age, we are as karmaless as Jesus of Nazareth was.

      Now, what commences is a great conjunction we can call: The Astral-
      Etheric Heart, where the irradiated heart imbued with the individual
      ether is joined with the compact kernel of the human astral body,
      and therein, from fourteen to twenty-one years of age, each
      undergoes its separate and polaric activi! ty. The etheric body
      contracts more and more closely into the phys ical form, and the
      astral body expands in order to completely imprison itself into the
      organs and the nervous system; all the way to the nerve endings.

      And it is by way of this polaric expansion-contracti on out of the
      Astral-Etheric Heart that the ground of the Ego is formed for
      bestowal as the Crown of Creation at the age of 21.

      Steiner's lecture, "The Human Heart" is what was recalled for me
      when describing these impressions. And it is also important to note
      that when the conjunction occurs, at age fourteen, that spiritual
      beings of a certain order enter this fine and sacred center. They
      enter therein for the purpose of creating the streaming force for
      thought itself. You see, and this isn't well known in the annals of
      the history of philosophy, thinking and the reasoning power that it
      outputs in the human head is a product of the reaction of spiritual
      beings who take up residence in the human heart at age fourteen.
      And they react to this inevitable contraction of the etheric body by
      streaming their force of wisdom contained, into the head.

      These spirits, The Kyriotetes, or Dominions of the Sixth Hierarchy,
      which Michael has become one of, bear this task for human evolution,
      and as a result they experience a certain imprisonment in the heart! ,
      which progressively becomes colder and colder as their force for
      thought power streams out of them upwards into the head of man as a
      result of the indrawing of the etheric body into the physical.

      What this means is that mankind thinks today with a faculty that is
      entirely owed to spiritual beings who are now held prisoner within
      his own breast until such time as he himself becomes conscious
      enough to realize that he must stream a force of warmth out of his
      own inner being and its resolve in order to free them. And this is
      how bliss arises in human perceptual experience; for these beings,
      the mighty Spirits of Wisdom Themselves, have untold secrets that
      only their freedom can reveal to mankind.

      Spiritual Science is the method that exists to effect this
      liberation, because it not only fully realizes this situation of the
      sacrifice of the Kyriotetes, but also provides the means for the
      forming of the! needed instruments of the consciousness soul, which
      serve to stre am the loving warmth forces back down to the human
      heart and those beings imprisoned therein.

      http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/HumHrt_index.html

    • juancompostella
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2012
        --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Ondria J. Wasem, Ph.D." <ondria@...> wrote:

        > What you wrote here, specifically the last three paragraphs, seems to
        > connect with my personal experience, in my early forties, of trying to
        > learn to think with my heart rather than solely with my head. That is the
        > time when I set myself the goal of becoming wise.
        >
        > Ondy

        Anthroposophy is thinking out of the head in the direction of the heart.
        This is what was set up by Steiner for us to do.

        I think this lecture course is designed specifically for it; 'Anthroposophy and the Human Gemut', or as it has become
        more well known, "Michaelmas and the Soul Forces of Man",

        http://wn.rsarchive.org/Lectures/MichSoul/MiSoul_index.html

        For me, it says it all :)

        Juan