Re: [steiner] calendar of the soul

  • Richard Distasi
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 31 10:54 PM
      Starman, I want to extend my thanks to you for posting the Soul-Calendar on
      a weekly basis. I shouldn't take that effort for granted. I think that it
      is a good addition to all of the others posts.

      [rick distasi]

      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 4, 2001
        radistasi@... writes:
        << Starman, I want to extend my thanks to you for posting the Soul-Calendar on
        a weekly basis. I shouldn't take that effort for granted. I think that it
        is a good addition to all of the others posts. >>

        *******Thanks. It is a bit of work translating and posting every Saturday.
        For any who don't know what the calendar of the soul is, Steiner gave out a
        series of 52 mantras that enable you to experience astrally the course of the
        year, and in the original 1912 version there were saints and other spiritual
        figures and events listed for each day, 12 images of the zodiac for each
        month, and the Moon phases and signs each night. I have the 12 images and the
        German original and was posting this every week until recently.

        The Calendar starts with mantram #1 at Easter. If people would like to
        try using them, I 'll start posting them again at our anthroposophic "new
        year", Eastertide. Unfortunately this list blocked attachments after someone
        sent through a virus, so I can't send the images as long as that stays
        blocked (tried sending them IN the e-mails and that didn't work either). If
        the policy doesn't change, you'd have to request the images from me
        individually or get them off one of the mailing lists that allows them like
        "anthroposophy" or "spiritualscience" or "rosicruciansophia".

        This is a good time to start a spiritual exercise like this. What was
        conceived at Christmastime wants to "rise up" now, so any of you who were in
        the 12 Nights' study should consider doing it.

        Dr. Starman
      • Richard Distasi
        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 5, 2001
          Starman,

          Yes, I would be interested. It seems though that things have gotten very
          quiet since the 12 Nights study not only on this list but on other lists as
          well. Again thanks for your efforts.

          [rick distasi]

          > << Starman, I want to extend my thanks to you for posting the
          Soul-Calendar on
          > a weekly basis. I shouldn't take that effort for granted. I think that it
          > is a good addition to all of the others posts. >>
          >
          > *******Thanks. It is a bit of work translating and posting every Saturday.
          > For any who don't know what the calendar of the soul is, Steiner gave out
          > series of 52 mantras that enable you to experience astrally the course of
          the
          > year, and in the original 1912 version there were saints and other
          spiritual
          > figures and events listed for each day, 12 images of the zodiac for each
          > month, and the Moon phases and signs each night. I have the 12 images and
          the
          > German original and was posting this every week until recently.
          >
          > The Calendar starts with mantram #1 at Easter. If people would like
          > try using them, I 'll start posting them again at our anthroposophic "new
          > year", Eastertide. Unfortunately this list blocked attachments after
          someone
          > sent through a virus, so I can't send the images as long as that stays
          > blocked (tried sending them IN the e-mails and that didn't work either).
          If
          > the policy doesn't change, you'd have to request the images from me
          > individually or get them off one of the mailing lists that allows them
          like
          > "anthroposophy" or "spiritualscience" or "rosicruciansophia".
          >
          > This is a good time to start a spiritual exercise like this. What was
          > conceived at Christmastime wants to "rise up" now, so any of you who were
          in
          > the 12 Nights' study should consider doing it.
          >
          > Dr. Starman
          >

          > Post to steiner@egroups.com

          > Search the archives of the group at:

        • Sarah Cherry
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 5, 2001
            I would be interested as well. Perhaps we can take a chance on
            "attachments' again. I really like to have the images to study.

            Sarah

          • Gisele
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 5, 2001
              radistasi@... writes; Starman, I want to extend my thanks to you
              for posting the Soul-Calendar on<BR>
              a weekly basis. I shouldn't; take that effort for granted. I think that
              it<BR>
              is a good addition to all of the others posts.

              ~~~~Hi Starman, I join in what Richard says: I started saving and filing
              your weekly calendars last summer, but there are many gaps in between weeks.
              I never told you before how much I appreciate that work you do, so, thanks!

              *******The Calendar starts with mantram #1 at Easter. If people would like
              to try using them, I 'll start posting them again at our anthroposophic ;new

              year;, Eastertide. This is a good time to start a spiritual exercise like
              this. What was conceived at Christmastime wants to rise up now, so any of
              you who were in <BR>
              the 12 Nights' study should consider doing it. Dr. Starman

              ~~~~I'd like to be able to something , I need some tips though.
              I have no idea how to work with it. Any advice or explanation on the subject
              would be useful and appreciated.
              Gisele

            • Duncan Fernando
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 6, 2001
                Sarah,
                I still don't like the idea of attachments. It is of course possible
                upload images to the Files area.
                Sena

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 6, 2001
                  >Sarah,
                  > I still don't like the idea of attachments. It is of course possible
                  >upload images to the Files area.
                  > Sena

                  That would be a great idea. That way, those of us who want the
                  pictures can go get them.

                  Sarah
                • eurythmy
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 7, 2001
                    Excellent idea to put them to file, they would be more easily accessible
                    there, especially for new comers who fall in love with them.

                    Franky

                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 8, 2001
                      There is an excellent article and beautiful drawings of the Calendar of the
                      Soul forms on: http://www.eurythmy.org.uk/reading/art_nr.html
                      Yours,
                      Franky
                    • starmann77@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 13, 2001
                        Fioredortica@... writes:
                        ~~~~Hi Starman, I join in what Richard says: I started saving and filing
                        your weekly calendars last summer, but there are many gaps in between weeks.
                        I never told you before how much I appreciate that work you do, so, thanks!

                        *******The Calendar starts with mantram #1 at Easter. If people would like
                        to try using them, I 'll start posting them again at our anthroposophic "new
                        year", Eastertide. This is a good time to start a spiritual exercise like
                        this. What was conceived at Christmastime wants to rise up now, so any of
                        you who were in the 12 Nights' study should consider doing it. Dr. Starman

                        ~~~~I'd like to be able to something , I need some tips though.
                        I have no idea how to work with it. Any advice or explanation on the subject
                        would be useful and appreciated.
                        Gisele >>

                        *******All right, why don't all the people who would like to use the Calendar
                        plan on starting on Easter Sunday? Here's some tips: first, let me repeat for
                        anyone who is new to this what the 'Calendar of the Soul' is. Steiner gave
                        out a series of 52 mantras that enable you to experience astrally the course
                        of the year, and in the original 1912 published version there were also
                        saints & other spiritual figures & events listed for each day, 12 images of
                        the zodiac (one for each month), and the Moon phases and signs listed for
                        each night. I have the 12 images and the German original of the Calendar with
                        everything in it (most books have only the mantras) and can post this every
                        week.

                        The Calendar starts with mantram #1 at Easter. One way to think of using
                        the mantras is like an actor learning one's lines. You first need to memorize
                        the verse so that you can recite it from memory whenever you wish to. Then,
                        you can enter a little deeper into the experience of it by repeating it,
                        silently or aloud. Most people will insist on using an English translation,
                        but I found that a hindrance: so I work with the original German and think
                        the words in English as I say the German. That's how I did my translations a
                        bit at a time over the past twenty years.

                        The first verse, for instance, describes how the Sun calls out to us, how
                        our senses are affected by its 'return' or rebirth at Easter (in the Northern
                        Hemisphere; I don't want to get into any futile discussions with people about
                        the hemispheres but it's obvious that the mantras are tied to the seasons as
                        we experience them in the North).
                        This awakens joy within us as the Light grows, drawing our thoughts out to
                        the wide world. So:

                        Wenn aus den Weltenweiten die Sonne spricht zum Menschensinn...
                        When out of the World-Widths the Sun speaks to man's Senses...
                        (Welten weiten, the wide world)
                        Undf Freude aus Seelentiefen dem Light sich eint im Schauen...
                        And Joy out of Soul-Deeps the Light becomes one with in Vision...

                        As you can see, the German is not so much more difficult than the English.
                        But choose either and start memorizing those first lines; they describe the
                        Easter event. The Sun, Light, Vision.

                        More tomorrow...

                        Dr. Starman
                      • Charlie Morrison
                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 20, 2001
                          -Dear Starman,

                          Up until now I've been reading your 'calendar of the soul posts' but
                          not actually using them. I also have a copy of this in book form, but
                          I haven't used this either.

                          After the recent posts on the subject, I've felt a strong inclination
                          to actually make use of the mantras you send. So I began as soon as I
                          read your latest installment, (week 1, the perfect time to start).

                          I intend to memorise, digest and meditate on the mantras from now on.
                          So I thank you for providing this service. Keep up the good work.

                          Warm regards, charlie
                        • starmann77@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 22, 2001
                            In a message dated 4/20/01 8:21:59 PM, charliemorrison@... writes:

                            << -Dear Starman,

                            Up until now I've been reading your 'calendar of the soul posts' but
                            not actually using them. I also have a copy of this in book form, but
                            I haven't used this either.

                            After the recent posts on the subject, I've felt a strong inclination
                            to actually make use of the mantras you send. So I began as soon as I
                            read your latest installment, (week 1, the perfect time to start).

                            I intend to memorise, digest and meditate on the mantras from now on.
                            So I thank you for providing this service. Keep up the good work.

                            Warm regards, charlie >>

                            Well, it's so good to hear someone is actually using these. The path of
                            spiritual science is that one first begins to take these things in with one's
                            ordinary mind, ponder them, speculate, etc.; but if one wishes to become a
                            spiritual scientist, at some point one must begin to take up meditative
                            Imaginations, mantras, etc., and develop a regular meditative life. All the
                            speculation about what Steiner said in this or that lecture won't lead to
                            seeing for oneself. OK, I'm starting posting them again regularly. If any
                            others over the next year get anything out of these, they'll have you to
                            thank.