calendar of the soul

  • eurythmy
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 31, 2001
      any current week?
      Who knows how to find translations of the eurythmy introductions?

      greetings
      Franky

    • starmann77@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 31, 2001
        In a message dated 3/31/2001 10:07:45 AM, eurythmy@... writes:

        << any current week? >>

        I was sending out posts on the Soul-Calendar for a year now, and a month or
        so ago I missed one week due to technical problems. I noticed absolutely no
        one responded asking where the week's was, so I stopped doing it every week.
        It's been at least a month now and this is the first anyone's remarked. If no
        one's using them I don't have the time to post them, but if anyone would like
        to start trying we begin with verse #1 on Easter Sunday in two weeks.

        Dr. Starman
      • Richard Distasi
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 31, 2001
          Starman, I want to extend my thanks to you for posting the Soul-Calendar on
          a weekly basis. I shouldn't take that effort for granted. I think that it
          is a good addition to all of the others posts.

          [rick distasi]

        • starmann77@aol.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 4, 2001
            radistasi@... writes:
            << Starman, I want to extend my thanks to you for posting the Soul-Calendar on
            a weekly basis. I shouldn't take that effort for granted. I think that it
            is a good addition to all of the others posts. >>

            *******Thanks. It is a bit of work translating and posting every Saturday.
            For any who don't know what the calendar of the soul is, Steiner gave out a
            series of 52 mantras that enable you to experience astrally the course of the
            year, and in the original 1912 version there were saints and other spiritual
            figures and events listed for each day, 12 images of the zodiac for each
            month, and the Moon phases and signs each night. I have the 12 images and the
            German original and was posting this every week until recently.

            The Calendar starts with mantram #1 at Easter. If people would like to
            try using them, I 'll start posting them again at our anthroposophic "new
            year", Eastertide. Unfortunately this list blocked attachments after someone
            sent through a virus, so I can't send the images as long as that stays
            blocked (tried sending them IN the e-mails and that didn't work either). If
            the policy doesn't change, you'd have to request the images from me
            individually or get them off one of the mailing lists that allows them like
            "anthroposophy" or "spiritualscience" or "rosicruciansophia".

            This is a good time to start a spiritual exercise like this. What was
            conceived at Christmastime wants to "rise up" now, so any of you who were in
            the 12 Nights' study should consider doing it.

            Dr. Starman
          • Richard Distasi
            Message 5 of 14 , Apr 5, 2001
              Starman,

              Yes, I would be interested. It seems though that things have gotten very
              quiet since the 12 Nights study not only on this list but on other lists as
              well. Again thanks for your efforts.

              [rick distasi]

              > << Starman, I want to extend my thanks to you for posting the
              Soul-Calendar on
              > a weekly basis. I shouldn't take that effort for granted. I think that it
              > is a good addition to all of the others posts. >>
              >
              > *******Thanks. It is a bit of work translating and posting every Saturday.
              > For any who don't know what the calendar of the soul is, Steiner gave out
              > series of 52 mantras that enable you to experience astrally the course of
              the
              > year, and in the original 1912 version there were saints and other
              spiritual
              > figures and events listed for each day, 12 images of the zodiac for each
              > month, and the Moon phases and signs each night. I have the 12 images and
              the
              > German original and was posting this every week until recently.
              >
              > The Calendar starts with mantram #1 at Easter. If people would like
              > try using them, I 'll start posting them again at our anthroposophic "new
              > year", Eastertide. Unfortunately this list blocked attachments after
              someone
              > sent through a virus, so I can't send the images as long as that stays
              > blocked (tried sending them IN the e-mails and that didn't work either).
              If
              > the policy doesn't change, you'd have to request the images from me
              > individually or get them off one of the mailing lists that allows them
              like
              > "anthroposophy" or "spiritualscience" or "rosicruciansophia".
              >
              > This is a good time to start a spiritual exercise like this. What was
              > conceived at Christmastime wants to "rise up" now, so any of you who were
              in
              > the 12 Nights' study should consider doing it.
              >
              > Dr. Starman
              >

              > Post to steiner@egroups.com

              > Search the archives of the group at:

            • Sarah Cherry
              Message 6 of 14 , Apr 5, 2001
                I would be interested as well. Perhaps we can take a chance on
                "attachments' again. I really like to have the images to study.

                Sarah

              • Gisele
                Message 7 of 14 , Apr 5, 2001
                  radistasi@... writes; Starman, I want to extend my thanks to you
                  for posting the Soul-Calendar on<BR>
                  a weekly basis. I shouldn't; take that effort for granted. I think that
                  it<BR>
                  is a good addition to all of the others posts.

                  ~~~~Hi Starman, I join in what Richard says: I started saving and filing
                  your weekly calendars last summer, but there are many gaps in between weeks.
                  I never told you before how much I appreciate that work you do, so, thanks!

                  *******The Calendar starts with mantram #1 at Easter. If people would like
                  to try using them, I 'll start posting them again at our anthroposophic ;new

                  year;, Eastertide. This is a good time to start a spiritual exercise like
                  this. What was conceived at Christmastime wants to rise up now, so any of
                  you who were in <BR>
                  the 12 Nights' study should consider doing it. Dr. Starman

                  ~~~~I'd like to be able to something , I need some tips though.
                  I have no idea how to work with it. Any advice or explanation on the subject
                  would be useful and appreciated.
                  Gisele

                • Duncan Fernando
                  Message 8 of 14 , Apr 6, 2001
                    Sarah,
                    I still don't like the idea of attachments. It is of course possible
                    upload images to the Files area.
                    Sena

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    Message 9 of 14 , Apr 6, 2001
                      >Sarah,
                      > I still don't like the idea of attachments. It is of course possible
                      >upload images to the Files area.
                      > Sena

                      That would be a great idea. That way, those of us who want the
                      pictures can go get them.

                      Sarah
                    • eurythmy
                      Message 10 of 14 , Apr 7, 2001
                        Excellent idea to put them to file, they would be more easily accessible
                        there, especially for new comers who fall in love with them.

                        Franky

                        Message 11 of 14 , Apr 8, 2001
                          There is an excellent article and beautiful drawings of the Calendar of the
                          Soul forms on: http://www.eurythmy.org.uk/reading/art_nr.html
                          Yours,
                          Franky
                        • starmann77@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 14 , Apr 13, 2001
                            Fioredortica@... writes:
                            ~~~~Hi Starman, I join in what Richard says: I started saving and filing
                            your weekly calendars last summer, but there are many gaps in between weeks.
                            I never told you before how much I appreciate that work you do, so, thanks!

                            *******The Calendar starts with mantram #1 at Easter. If people would like
                            to try using them, I 'll start posting them again at our anthroposophic "new
                            year", Eastertide. This is a good time to start a spiritual exercise like
                            this. What was conceived at Christmastime wants to rise up now, so any of
                            you who were in the 12 Nights' study should consider doing it. Dr. Starman

                            ~~~~I'd like to be able to something , I need some tips though.
                            I have no idea how to work with it. Any advice or explanation on the subject
                            would be useful and appreciated.
                            Gisele >>

                            *******All right, why don't all the people who would like to use the Calendar
                            plan on starting on Easter Sunday? Here's some tips: first, let me repeat for
                            anyone who is new to this what the 'Calendar of the Soul' is. Steiner gave
                            out a series of 52 mantras that enable you to experience astrally the course
                            of the year, and in the original 1912 published version there were also
                            saints & other spiritual figures & events listed for each day, 12 images of
                            the zodiac (one for each month), and the Moon phases and signs listed for
                            each night. I have the 12 images and the German original of the Calendar with
                            everything in it (most books have only the mantras) and can post this every
                            week.

                            The Calendar starts with mantram #1 at Easter. One way to think of using
                            the mantras is like an actor learning one's lines. You first need to memorize
                            the verse so that you can recite it from memory whenever you wish to. Then,
                            you can enter a little deeper into the experience of it by repeating it,
                            silently or aloud. Most people will insist on using an English translation,
                            but I found that a hindrance: so I work with the original German and think
                            the words in English as I say the German. That's how I did my translations a
                            bit at a time over the past twenty years.

                            The first verse, for instance, describes how the Sun calls out to us, how
                            our senses are affected by its 'return' or rebirth at Easter (in the Northern
                            Hemisphere; I don't want to get into any futile discussions with people about
                            the hemispheres but it's obvious that the mantras are tied to the seasons as
                            we experience them in the North).
                            This awakens joy within us as the Light grows, drawing our thoughts out to
                            the wide world. So:

                            Wenn aus den Weltenweiten die Sonne spricht zum Menschensinn...
                            When out of the World-Widths the Sun speaks to man's Senses...
                            (Welten weiten, the wide world)
                            Undf Freude aus Seelentiefen dem Light sich eint im Schauen...
                            And Joy out of Soul-Deeps the Light becomes one with in Vision...

                            As you can see, the German is not so much more difficult than the English.
                            But choose either and start memorizing those first lines; they describe the
                            Easter event. The Sun, Light, Vision.

                            More tomorrow...

                            Dr. Starman
                          • Charlie Morrison
                            Message 13 of 14 , Apr 20, 2001
                              -Dear Starman,

                              Up until now I've been reading your 'calendar of the soul posts' but
                              not actually using them. I also have a copy of this in book form, but
                              I haven't used this either.

                              After the recent posts on the subject, I've felt a strong inclination
                              to actually make use of the mantras you send. So I began as soon as I
                              read your latest installment, (week 1, the perfect time to start).

                              I intend to memorise, digest and meditate on the mantras from now on.
                              So I thank you for providing this service. Keep up the good work.

                              Warm regards, charlie
                            • starmann77@aol.com
                              Message 14 of 14 , Apr 22, 2001
                                In a message dated 4/20/01 8:21:59 PM, charliemorrison@... writes:

                                << -Dear Starman,

                                Up until now I've been reading your 'calendar of the soul posts' but
                                not actually using them. I also have a copy of this in book form, but
                                I haven't used this either.

                                After the recent posts on the subject, I've felt a strong inclination
                                to actually make use of the mantras you send. So I began as soon as I
                                read your latest installment, (week 1, the perfect time to start).

                                I intend to memorise, digest and meditate on the mantras from now on.
                                So I thank you for providing this service. Keep up the good work.

                                Warm regards, charlie >>

                                Well, it's so good to hear someone is actually using these. The path of
                                spiritual science is that one first begins to take these things in with one's
                                ordinary mind, ponder them, speculate, etc.; but if one wishes to become a
                                spiritual scientist, at some point one must begin to take up meditative
                                Imaginations, mantras, etc., and develop a regular meditative life. All the
                                speculation about what Steiner said in this or that lecture won't lead to
                                seeing for oneself. OK, I'm starting posting them again regularly. If any
                                others over the next year get anything out of these, they'll have you to
                                thank.