Soul-Calendar, Week 45

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 27, 2001
      THE "CALENDAR OF THE SOUL" (Very Late This Week Due To Computer Problems)
      Here’s the "Soul-Calendar" for this 45th week after Easter. The Calendar's
      52 meditative mantras enable you to experience the 'astral' or soul events
      occurring within you in the course of the year. It's in the original German
      and in English.

      * M A N T R A # 4 5 *
      Es festigt sich Gedankenmacht
      Im Bunde mit der Geistgeburt,
      Sie hellt der Sinne dumpfe Reize
      Zur vollen Klarheit auf.
      Wenn Seelenfülle
      Sich mit dem Weltenwerden einen will,
      Muss Sinnesoffenbarung
      Des Denkens Licht empfangen.

      Fast is Thinking’s Might
      In Union with the Spirit-Birth,
      It brightens the senses’ dim risings
      To full Clarity.
      When Soul-fulfillment
      With World-Becoming would become one,
      Must Senses’ revelation
      Thinking’s Light receive.

      Anthroposophy intensifies the mind by the use of images called
      "Imaginations" which awaken 'spiritual sight', and mantras which begin
      'spiritual hearing' or "Inspirations". The meaning of the words of a mantra
      at first sight is not the essential thing, but rather reciting it and
      entering with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience.
      These mantras were also, of course, created in the German language and
      have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to
      using the original. Steiner spoke of how German has preserved words lost by
      other languages, and could be for us today what Sanskrit was in olden times:
      THE language in which spirit-truths are expressed. In translating therefore,
      I’ve tried to keep close to the original, so that anyone can easily go from
      English to German.

      This week's mantram:
      We are now coming into the start of the Summer or Nature-Consciousness
      half of the year, from the Winter Self-Consciousness half. The power of our
      thinking we feel united to the Spirit-Birth we acheived at Christmastime, and
      the dim stirrings of nature arising anew in Spring are made clear by
      thinking. In this mood, we are to feel that this is essential, that we must
      think about what is presented to the senses if the soul is to connect with
      the spring's Becoming.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      In addition to the mantrams, the anthroposophical Soul-Calendar
      originally contained 12 drawings of the zodiac to be meditated on to sense
      the working of the solar forces in the cosmos in the day, and the Moon's
      position in the constellations was given for each night, to sense the lunar
      forces. The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Aquarius
      from February 9th to March 8th in our era. The symbolic image of the Waterman
      done according to the sketches and indications of Dr. Steiner accompanies
      this post. The Moon positions and phases are listed below for each night,
      along with some of the birth & death days of famous persons published in the
      first ‘Seelencalendar’: their lives and contributions are fruitful material
      for contemplation on their days. I’m translating these to restore the
      Calendar to its intended use with the full spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

      Sunday February 25th. Moon Pisces. Cellini died 1571.
      Monday February 26th. Moon Pisces. Jonas (the Prophet).
      Tuesday February 27th. Moon Aries. Ernst Renan born 1823. Martialis (acted
      for the spreading of Christendom in Gallien in the 3rd century).
      Wednesday February 28th. Moon Aries. Montaigne (the Skeptic) born 1533.
      Leander (Christian author).
      Thursday March 1st. Moon Taurus. Alcuin (teacher of Charlemagne, Christian
      author). 399 before Christ Socrates takes the poison. Swidbertus (conveyor of
      Christendom to the Frisians).
      Friday March 2nd. Moon Taurus. First Quarter. 321 A.D. The celebration of
      Sunday begins to become common.
      Saturday March 3rd. Moon Gemini. Kunigunder (husband Heinrich I).

      *******Dr. Starman