Re: Comparing Ayn Rand and Steiner

  • juancompostella
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 13, 2012
      --- In steiner@yahoogroups.com, "Durward Starman " <DrStarman@...> wrote:

> [...]

      A useful philosophical discussion can happen, yes, and I believe it begins within an atmosphere of free expression wherein we each give our immediate thoughts and feelings on the subject. It is quite serendipitous that this has occurred between at least three people who like the thinking of Rudolf Steiner and Ayn Rand.

      I realize that it has apparently been jerry-rigged to a certain extent by Mitt Romney's naming of his VP running mate, but this only adds to the serendipity, it seems to me.

      As stated previously, I recently felt the need to study Rand again, and it has to do with her mystique as a member of the Russian Folk Soul for me. I think her story of depravation and then opportunity in coming to America is awesome. I like her. She speaks the truth as she sees it, and never wavered from her "principles".

      I watched the movie version of Barbara Branden's "The Passion of Ayn Rand", c. 1998 with Helen Mirren as Ayn, a few weeks ago, and I think I saw someone I hadn't seen before in the opening segment at the funeral home with the adoring fans, March 1982.

      Did anyone see who spoke the first words to the people at the funeral ceremony?

      Juan