Soul-Calendar, Week 10 after Easters

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 10, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 47 KB

       The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

            THE ZODIAC IMAGE
        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st through June 15th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the BULL from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, orange, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 10 *

    Zu sommerlichen Höhen

    Erhebt der Sonne leuchtend Wesen sich;

    Es nimmt mein menschlich Fühlen

    In seine Raumesweiten mit.

    Erahnend regt im Innern sich

    Empfindung, dumpf mir kündend,

    Erkennen wirst du einst:

    Dich fühle jetzt ein Gotteswesen.

    To summer-like Heights

    Rises the Sun’s Light-filled Essence;

    It draws my human Feeling

    Into the widths of Space with it.

    There anxiously stirs in my Inner self

    Sensation, dimly prophesying to me

    You will realize one day:

    You feel now a God’s Essence.

         An interpretation of this week's mantra:  The spiritual force of the light in the outer world of the senses, growing in this spring-time, is now so strong that it draws our feelings out

    with it, and we have a fore-sense of the divine spirit-being we will contact in the heights of summer.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, June 10th. Moon Pisces. Onophrius.

    Monday,  June 11th. Moon Pisces. Last Quarter. Alexander the Great died 323 B.C. Roger Bacon died 1294.

    Tuesday, June 12th. Moon Aries. Basilides.

    Wednesday,  June 13th. Moon AriesAlfred.

    Thursday, June 14th. Moon TaurusBasilius.

    Friday,  June 15th. Moon Taurus.  Vitus.

    Saturday,  June 16th. Moon Taurus.  Aurelius.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

        "Evening star" yellow-red Mars is high in the south at sunset, beneath the Lion.  Dimmer, yellowish Saturn rises in the southeast at sunset, next to Spica, the ear of corn in the hand of Virgo the Virgin.