Soul-Calendar, Week 7 after Easter (Foreboding of Future Combats Losing Oneself in Light)

    Message 1 of 1 , May 20, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 93 KB

       The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

            THE ZODIAC IMAGE
        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation TAURUS from May 1st through June 15th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the BULL from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, orange, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 7 *

    Mein selbst, es drohet zu entfliehen,

    Vom Weltenlichte mächtig angezogen.

    Nun trete du mein Ahnen

    In deine Rechte kraftig ein

    Ersetze mir des Denkens Macht

    Das in der Sinne Schein

    Sich selbst verlieren will.

    My Self, it threatens to fly out

    To World-Light mightily drawn.

    Now enter you, my foreboding,

    Into your rightful place forcefully,

    Restore for me Thinking’s Might

    That in the Senses’ Shine

    Would lose itself.

    An interpretation of the mantra:

        The weaving of the Sun in the springtime growth of the plants reveals the Divine working. The past few weeks, we can feel that this spiritual essence working is like our soul spread out in external space.

        But now, this week, the spiritual force of the light is SO strong that we would dissolve into it--- so a feeling of what is to come in the future grows in us, to keep us from being only in this present moment, preventing thinking from losing itself totally in the senses.

    Sunday, May 20th. Moon Gemini. New Moon.   Columbus died 1506. John Stuart Mill born 1806.

    Monday,  May 21st. Moon Gemini.    Albrecht Dürer born 1471.

    Tuesday, May 22nd. Moon Gemini.   Richard Wagner born 1813.
    Wednesday,  May 23rd. Moon Cancer.  Savanarola burnt at the stake 1498.

    Thursday, May 24th. Moon Cancer.  Copernicus died 1543.  Lord Bulwer-Lytton born 1803.

    Friday,  May 25th. Moon Leo.  Laying of the Foundation Stone of the Strassbourg Monastery 1277.

    Saturday,  May 26th. Moon Leo. The Venerable Bede (famous English monk of the 8th century).

        "Evening star" Venus has disappeared from the evening sky for the next 9 months. Yellow-red Mars is high in the south at sunset, next to the heart of the Lion, Regulus.  Dimmer, yellowish Saturn rises in the southeast at sunset, next to Spica, the ear of corn in the hand of Virgo the Virgin.