Re: [steiner] Re: Reactive Attachment Disorder

  • Richard Distasi
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 16, 2001
      John,
      thank you for replying to the e-mail about children with R.A.D syndrome. I
      have seen documentaries about the conditions in Romanian and Russian
      orphanages. Please, if you have anything further to add to this in the
      future please do so. Thanks again, Rick Distasi
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 16, 2001
        Dear John,
        Thanks for the information.
        Sena

        > Thanks for bringing posting the RAD link. I've been working with these
        kids
        > for years in a Romanian curative education centre, but had not realised
        the
        > issue had been named in the West and taken up so intensively. We are
        rather
        > out of touch here, and the anthropop curative ed circles have not
        published
        > research on this specifically as far as I know.
        > Probably Steiner did not say anything about this in his teachings, Sena,
        for
        > the disorder (although I saw a reference to it on one site as 'The Kaspar
        > Hauser Syndrome') was probably little known in Steiner's time. It belongs
        > the neo-barbaric later 20th century.
        > Nevertheless anthroposophy's concern to develop and uphold a true 'image
        of
        > man' has a lot to do with the RAD children - just as autism, Down's
        > Syndrome, or whatever other disturbance people have to cope with in
        finding
        > their way.
        > But all this has more to do with the working out of anthroposophy than its
        > teachings, perhaps ....
        > So thanks for posting this precious starting point, Rick.
        > Greetings
        > John Byrde
        >

        > > Rick,
        > > Thanks for bringing this to our attention. However, I can't
        > > quite see the connection with Steiner's teachings.
        > > Regards,
        > > Sena
        > >
        > > > The following posted U.R.L is a web site addressing the issue of
        > > > R.A.D. in today's children:
        > > >
        > > > http://attachmenttherapy.com/ad.html
        > > >
        > > > [rick distasi]
        >

        > Post to steiner@egroups.com

        > Search the archives of the group at:

      • John Byrde
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 17, 2001
          John,
          thank you for replying to the e-mail about children with R.A.D syndrome. I
          have seen documentaries about the conditions in Romanian and Russian
          orphanages. Please, if you have anything further to add to this in the
          future please do so. Thanks again, Rick Distasi

          Will do, but now I've got my work cut out on this...
          John