Re: Reactive Attachment Disorder

  • John Byrde
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 15, 2001
      Dear Rick
      Thanks for bringing posting the RAD link. I've been working with these kids
      for years in a Romanian curative education centre, but had not realised the
      issue had been named in the West and taken up so intensively. We are rather
      out of touch here, and the anthropop curative ed circles have not published
      research on this specifically as far as I know.
      Probably Steiner did not say anything about this in his teachings, Sena, for
      the disorder (although I saw a reference to it on one site as 'The Kaspar
      Hauser Syndrome') was probably little known in Steiner's time. It belongs to
      the neo-barbaric later 20th century.
      Nevertheless anthroposophy's concern to develop and uphold a true 'image of
      man' has a lot to do with the RAD children - just as autism, Down's
      Syndrome, or whatever other disturbance people have to cope with in finding
      their way.
      But all this has more to do with the working out of anthroposophy than its
      teachings, perhaps ....
      So thanks for posting this precious starting point, Rick.
      Greetings
      John Byrde

      > Rick,
      > Thanks for bringing this to our attention. However, I can't
      > quite see the connection with Steiner's teachings.
      > Regards,
      > Sena
      >
      > > The following posted U.R.L is a web site addressing the issue of
      > > R.A.D. in today's children:
      > >
      > > http://attachmenttherapy.com/ad.html
      > >
      > > [rick distasi]
    • Richard Distasi
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 16, 2001
        John,
        thank you for replying to the e-mail about children with R.A.D syndrome. I
        have seen documentaries about the conditions in Romanian and Russian
        orphanages. Please, if you have anything further to add to this in the
        future please do so. Thanks again, Rick Distasi
        > Thanks for bringing posting the RAD link. I've been working with these
        kids
        > for years in a Romanian curative education centre, but had not realised
        the
        > issue had been named in the West and taken up so intensively. We are
        rather
        > out of touch here, and the anthropop curative ed circles have not
        published
        > research on this specifically as far as I know.
        > Probably Steiner did not say anything about this in his teachings, Sena,
        for
        > the disorder (although I saw a reference to it on one site as 'The Kaspar
        > Hauser Syndrome') was probably little known in Steiner's time. It belongs
        > the neo-barbaric later 20th century.
        > Nevertheless anthroposophy's concern to develop and uphold a true 'image
        of
        > man' has a lot to do with the RAD children - just as autism, Down's
        > Syndrome, or whatever other disturbance people have to cope with in
        finding
        > their way.
        > But all this has more to do with the working out of anthroposophy than its
        > teachings, perhaps ....
        > So thanks for posting this precious starting point, Rick.
        > Greetings
        > John Byrde
        >

        > > Rick,
        > > Thanks for bringing this to our attention. However, I can't
        > > quite see the connection with Steiner's teachings.
        > > Regards,
        > > Sena
        > >
        > > > The following posted U.R.L is a web site addressing the issue of
        > > > R.A.D. in today's children:
        > > >
        > > > http://attachmenttherapy.com/ad.html
        > > >
        > > > [rick distasi]
        >

        > Post to steiner@egroups.com

        > Search the archives of the group at:

      • Sena Fernando
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 16, 2001
          Dear John,
          Thanks for the information.
          Sena

          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 17, 2001
            John,
            thank you for replying to the e-mail about children with R.A.D syndrome. I
            have seen documentaries about the conditions in Romanian and Russian
            orphanages. Please, if you have anything further to add to this in the
            future please do so. Thanks again, Rick Distasi

            Will do, but now I've got my work cut out on this...
            John