Soul-Calendar, 2nd Week after Easter

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 15, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 14 KB

       The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

            THE ZODIAC IMAGE
        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation ARIES from Apr. 13th to 30th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the RAM from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, red, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 2 *

    Ins Aussre des Sinnesalls

    Verliert Gedankenmacht ihr Eigensein;

    Es finden Geisteswelten

    Den Menschensprossen wieder,

    Der seinen Keim in ihnen,

    Doch seine Seelenfrucht

    In sich muss finden.

    In outer World of the Senses

    Thinking’s might loses its Self-existence;

    The Spiritual Worlds find

    The offspring of Man again,

    Whose seed is in them

    But who must find its Soul-Fruit,

    Within itself.

         The dark time of Winter ends, the Sun returns. We are thus drawn out by our senses, to find our connection to the cosmos through them. Our thinking thus loses its character of closing itself off within itself--- and this is the spiritual world itself finding itself through us.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, April 15th. Moon  Aquarius.  Day of Remembrance of the Archangel Raphael.

    Monday,  April 16th. Moon Pisces.    Petrus (Christian writer of the 6th century).

    Tuesday, April 17th. Moon Pisces.   Benjamin Franklin died 1790.

    Wednesday,  April 18th. Moon Aries.   Apollonius (Christian philosopher of the 2nd century).

    Thursday, April 19th. Moon Aries. Darwin died 1882.

    Friday,  April 20th. Moon Aries. Sulpicius.

    Saturday,  April 21st. Moon Taurus. New Moon.  Mohammed born 571.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

        "Evening stars" Venus and Jupiter are in the west at sunset; Venus is the brighter one higher up.
     Yellow-red Mars is high in the southern sky at sunset, to the east of the stars of the Lion.  Dimmer, yellowish Saturn rises in the southeast at sunset.