Soul-Calendar, Week 50 after Easter

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 24 KB

       The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

            THE ZODIAC IMAGE
        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation PISCES from March 9th through  Apr. 13th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the FISHES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of magenta, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 50 *

    Es spricht zum Menschen-Ich

    Sich machtvoll offenbarend,

    Und seines Wesens Kräfte lösend

    Des Weltendaseins Werdelust:

    In dich mein Lebend tragen

    Aus seinem Zauberbanne

    Erreiche ich mein wahres Ziel.

    There speaks to Man’s I

    With mighty revelation,

    And its Essence’s Power unloosing

    The World-Existence’s Growth-Joy:

    “In you, my Life carrying

    Out of its magic spell,

    I reach my true aim.”

         We are heading towards spring, when our inner selves once more go to 'sleep', while the Earth instead awakens.

        Last week, we felt that what we have hoped for in the coming year will manifest.

       This week, we feel through the use of the mantra, how the world's joyous springtime growth speaks to us as human beings, saying that it is spiritually under a spell, which can only be overcome by us carrying it into our own deeds.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, April 1st. Moon Leo.   Hugo (11th cent. Guardian of the Cartesian Order).

    Monday,  April 2nd. Moon Leo.    Francis de Paul, founder of the order in the 15th century. Theodosia, martyr in 4th century. Charlemagne born 742. Morse died 1872.

    Tuesday, April 3rd. Moon Virgo.  The 3rd of April 33 A.D. Is what spiritual-scientific investigation shows as the day of Death of Jesus Christ.

    Wednesday,  April 4th. Moon Virgo.   Bishop Ambrose died 398 (he by whom Augustine was baptized). University of Basel founded 1460.

    Thursday, April 5th. Moon Libra.  Vincentius (Christian writer, died 1264). Volta died 1827.

    Friday,  April 6th. Moon Libra. Full Moon.    Irenaeus, Bishop of Lyon in 2nd century. Raphael born 1483. Dürer died 1528.

    Saturday,  April 7th. Moon Scorpio.  Egesippus (Christian writer of the second century in Rome).

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

        "Evening stars" Venus and Jupiter are still conjunct in the west at sunset this week. Venus is the brighter one.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

       Yellow-reddish Mars rises in the East at sunset and is visible in the southeastern sky all night to the east of the Lion.  It is approaching as close as it ever gets to earth in its orbit, so it has brightened and is returning to the stars of the Lion is passed through this fall. The "waxing" (almost-full) moon is seen near it Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

    FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: Start with the 22nd mantra today.

    Message 2 of 5 , Mar 16 12:50 PM
    • 1 Attachment
    • 24 KB

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation PISCES from March 9th through April 13th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the FISHES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, one of 5 shades of 'Magenta' we can't yet actually see, is attached to this e-mail.

    * MANTRA # 50 *

    Es spricht zum Menschen-Ich

    Sich machtvoll offenbarend,

    Und seines Wesens Kräfte lösend

    Des Weltendaseins Werdelust:

    In dich mein Lebend tragen

    Aus seinem Zauberbanne

    Erreiche ich mein wahres Ziel.

    There speaks to Man’s I

    With mighty revelation

    And its Essence’s Power unloosing,

    The World-Existence’s Joy in Growth:

    “In you, my Life carrying

    Out of its magic spell,

    I reach my true aim.”

         We are heading towards spring, when our inner selves once more go to 'sleep', while the Earth instead awakens.        This week, we feel through the use of the mantra how the world's joyous springtime growth speaks to us as human beings, saying that it (the world) is spiritually under a spell, which can only be overcome by us carrying it into our own deeds.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, March 17th. Moon Gemini.  Patrick (Bringer of Christendom to Ireland). 180 Marcus Aurelius died.

    Monday, March 18th. Moon Gemini. First Quarter.   Day of Remembrance of the First Day of the World.

    Tuesday, March 19th. Moon Cancer.   Joseph (husband of Mary). Mary of Bethany (Lazarus’ sister in John’s Gospel).

    Wednesday,  March 20th. Moon Cancer.   Joachim (father of Mary). Martin Scotus (worthy spreader of Christendom in Poland).

    Thursday,  March 21st. Moon CancerBenedict (founded the Benedictine Order 529).  1685 J.S. Bach born. 1804 Napoleonic Code published.

    Friday
     March 22nd. Moon Leo.   Leah (Laban’s older daughter). Goethe died 1832.

    Saturday,  March 23rd
    . Moon Leo. Theodoricus (worthy spreader of Christendom to Holland, 10th century).

    ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

       Jupiter is the bright white 'star' almost directly overhead at sunset, next to the bright orange-red star Aldebaran, the Eye of the Bull of Taurus. The half moon is seen close to both Sunday and Monday nights.

    -Starman.

    Message 3 of 5 , Mar 9 7:15 PM

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation PISCES from March 9th through April 13th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the FISHE from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of 'magenta' we cannot yet see, is attached to this e-mail.

                                          * MANTRA # 50  *

      Es spricht zum Menschen-Ich

      Sich machtvoll offenbarend,

      Und seines Wesens Kräfte lösend

      Des Weltendaseins Werdelust:

      In dich mein Lebend tragen

      Aus seinem Zauberbanne

      Erreiche ich mein wahres Ziel.

      There speaks to Man’s I

      With mighty revelation,

      And its Essence’s Power unloosing

      The World-Existence’s Growth-Joy:

      “In you my Life carrying

      Out of its magic spell

      I reach my true aim.”

           We are heading towards spring, when our inner selves once more go to 'sleep', while the Earth instead awakens. Last week, we felt that what we have hoped for in the coming year will manifest. This week, we feel through the use of the mantra, how the world's joyous springtime growth speaks to us as human beings, saying that it (the world) is spiritually under a spell, which can only be overcome by us carrying it into our own deeds.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday,

      March 9th

      . Moon Cancer.

      Cyril and Methodius (Greek monks, in the 10th century proclaimed Christendom in Bulgaria and Eastern Europe. Cyril is inventor of the Slav letter-script and translated the Bible into Slavic). Gregory of Nyssa 4th century. 1758 Phrenologist Gall born.

      Monday,

      March 10th

      Moon Cancer.

      Alexander (contended in the 4th century for the Athanasian confession against the Arian). Day of Remembrance of Mary Magdalene.

      Tuesday,

      March 11th

      . Moon Leo.

      Attalus (Christian teacher, worked in the 2nd century in France). 1544 Tasso born. 1811 Leverrier born.

      Wednesday,

      March 12th

      . Moon Leo.

      Gregory (famous Pope of the 6th century, Introducer of Choral-Singing). 1365 University of Vienna founded.

      Thursday,

      March 13th

      . Moon Leo.