Soul-Calendar, Week 49 after Easter

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 25, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 24 KB

       The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

            THE ZODIAC IMAGE
        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation PISCES from March 9th through  Apr. 13th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the FISHES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of magenta, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 49 *

    Ich fühle Kraft des Weltenseins:

    So spricht Gedankenklarheit,

    Gedenkend eignen Geistes Wachsen

    In finstern Weltennächten,

    Und neigt dem nahen Weltentage

    Des Innern Hoffnungsstrahlen.

    “I feel the Power of the World-Existence”:

    So speaks Thinking’s Clarity,

    Thinking of its own Spirit-Waxing

    In dark World-Night,

    Its inner Rays of Hope

    Drawing close to nearing World-Day.

         We are heading towards spring, when our inner selves once more go to 'sleep', while the Earth instead awakens.

        Last week, we felt the growing Light resolve all the World-Riddles that make our minds anxious, and instead awakene Love in our hearts.

         This week, as we begin to sense the World once more awakening, we realize it's similar to how our own Self-knowledge grew stronger as we went into winter. We know that, just as we gained power from our experience of this winter, so there will come to affect us a power for the good in the coming summer, an outer one rather than inner, and that what we have hoped for in the coming year will manifest outside.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, March 25th. Moon Taurus.  The Annunciation to Mary. Novalis died 1801.

    Monday,  March 26th. Moon Taurus.   Israel (Isaac’s Son). Beethoven died 1827.

    Tuesday, March 27th. Moon Gemini.  1845 Röentgen born.

    Wednesday,  March 28th. Moon Gemini.  1749 LaPlace born.

    Thursday, March 29th. Moon Cancer. 1772 Swedenborg died.

    Friday,  March 30th. Moon Cancer. First Quarter.   Guido v. Arezzo (Benedictine monk of  the 11th century, worked at reforming Church music).

    Saturday,  March 31st. Moon Cancer.   The Prophet Amos. The Prophet Jeremiah. Newton died 1727. Bunsen born 1811.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

        "Evening stars" Venus and Jupiter are still conjunct in the west at sunset this week. Venus is the brighter one. The crescent of the new moon is near both Sunday and Monday nights.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

       Yellow-reddish Mars rises in the East at sunset and is visible in the southeastern sky all night to the east of the Lion.  It is approaching as close as it ever gets to earth in its orbit, so it has brightened to yellow and is returning to the stars of the Lion is passed through this fall.

    FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: Start with the 21st mantra today.

    Message 2 of 8 , Mar 10, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 24 KB

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation PISCES from March 9th through March 8th through April 13th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the FISHES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, one of 5 shades of 'Magenta' we can't yet actually see, is attached to this e-mail.

    * MANTRA # 49 *

    Ich fühle Kraft des Weltenseins:

    So spricht Gedankenklarheit,

    Gedenkend eignen Geistes Wachsen

    In finstern Weltennächten,

    Und neigt dem nahen Weltentage

    Des Innern Hoffnungsstrahlen.

    “I feel the Power of the World-Existence”:

    So speaks Thinking’s Clarity,

    Thinking of its own Spirit-Waxing

    In dark World-Night,

    Its inner Rays of Hope

    Drawing close to nearing World-Day.

        We are heading towards spring, when our inner selves once more go to 'sleep', while the Earth instead awakens. Last week, we felt the growing Light resolve all the World-Riddles that make our minds anxious, and instead awaken Love in our hearts. This week, as we begin to sense the World once more awakening, we realize it's similar to how our own Self-knowledge grew stronger as we went into winter. We know that, just as we gained power from our experience of this winter, so there will come to affect us a power for the good in the coming summer--- an outer one rather than inner--- and that what we have hoped for in the coming year will manifest outside.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, March 11th. Moon Pisces. Attalus (Christian teacher, worked in the 2nd century in France). 1544 Tasso born. 1811 Leverrier born.

    Monday, March 12th. Moon Pisces. New Moon.  Gregory (famous Pope of the 6th century, Introducer of Choral-Singing). 1365 University of Vienna founded.

    Tuesday, March 13th. Moon Aries. 1781 Uranus discovered by Herschel.

    Wednesday,  March 14th. Moon Aries.    Abigail (David’s Wife). Eutychius (Christian writer of the 10th century, who wrote a History of the World from the Creation down to his time). Mathildis (bringer of Christendom to Germany in the 10th century). Zacharias. Klopstock died 1803.

    Thursday,  March 15th. Moon Taurus.   Christopher (who carried a Youth over the river, then saw that in him he had carried the Christ-Child). Longinus (captain in command in Matthew’s Gospel).

    Friday
     March 16th. Moon Taurus.  1858 Nees v. Esenbeck died.

    Saturday,  March 17th
    . Moon Taurus. Patrick (Bringer of Christendom to Ireland). 180 Marcus Aurelius died.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

       Jupiter is the bright white 'star' almost directly overhead at sunset, next to the bright orange-red star Aldebaran, the Eye of the Bull of Taurus.

    -Starman.

    Message 3 of 8 , Mar 4, 2014
      Sorry to be late with the Calendar this week. -starman

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation AQUARIUS from February 9th through March 8th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the WATER-MAN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of 'magenta' we cannot yet see, is attached to this e-mail.

[...]

      2nd. Moon Aries.

      321 A.D. The celebration of Sunday begins to become common.

      Monday,

      March 3rd

      . Moon Aries.

       Kunigunder (husband Heinrich I).

      Tuesday,

      March 4

      th. Moon Taurus.

      Leopold van Buch, Geologist, died 1853.

      Wednesday,

      March 5

      th. Moon Taurus.

      Eusebius (Christian writer of Caesarea in the 4th c.), 1512 Mercator the Cartographer born. 1827 Laplace died.

      Thursday,

      March 6

      th. Moon Gemini.

       1274 Thomas Aquinas died. 1475 Michelangelo born. 1520 Australia was discovered. 1787 Fraunhofer born.

      Friday,

      March 7

      th. Moon Gemini.

       Felicity and Perpetua (Christian martyrs under the Emperor Severus, thrown to wild beasts in Alexandria).

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)