Soul-Calendar, Week 46 after Easter (MEMORY)

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2012
    • 17 KB

       The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

            THE ZODIAC IMAGE
        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation AQUARIUS from Feb. 9th  through  Mar. 8th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the WATER-MAN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of magenta, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 46 *

    Die Welt, sie drohet zu betäuben

    Der Seele eingeborene Kraft;

    Nun trete du, Erinnerung,

    Aus Geistestiefen leuchtend auf

    Und stärke mir das Schauen

    Das nur durch Willenskräfte

    Sich selbst erhalten kann.

    The World, it threatens to benumb

    The Soul’s inborn strength;

    Now tread you, Memory,

    Out of Spirit-Deeps enlightening

    And make strong for me Vision,

    That only through Will-Strength

    Can preserve itself.

        We are heading towards spring and summer, when our inner selves once more "sleep" while the Earth awakens.

        Last week, the power of thinking united with what was 'born' in us at Christmas, and made clear all the early spring stirrings of new life in the external world---we united with this "becoming" of Nature as we thought about what we perceived.

        This week, this surging new life in the outer world would 'benumb' our souls if the force of MEMORY didn't come in to play its proper role, that of preserving the Vision the spirit has had of what it wishes to create this year.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, March 4th. Moon Leo.  Leopold van Buch, Geologist, died 1853.

    Monday,  March 5th. Moon Leo.  Eusebius (Christian writer of Caesarea in the 4th c.), 1512 Mercator the Cartographer born. 1827 Laplace died.

    Tuesday, March 6th. Moon Virgo.   1274 Thomas Aquinas died. 1475 Michelangelo born. 1520 Australia was discovered. 1787 Fraunhofer born.

    Wednesday,  March 7th. Moon Virgo.  Felicitas u. Perpetua (Christian martyr under the Emperor Severus, thrown to wild beasts in Alexandria)

    Thursday, March 8th. Moon Libra. Full Moon. Philemon (companion of Paul).

    Friday,  March 9th. Moon Libra.  Cyril and Methodius (Greek monks, in the 10th century proclaimed Christendom in Bulgaria and Eastern Europe. Cyril is inventor of the Slav letter-script and translated the Bible into Slavic). Gregory of Nyssa 4th century. 1758 Phrenologist Gall born.

    Saturday,  March 10th. Moon Libra.  Alexander (contended in the 4th century for the Athanasian confession against the Arian). Day of Remembrance of Mary Magdalene.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

        "Evening star" Venus can be seen in the west at sunset, approaching conjunction to Jupiter, the bright "star" higher up in the sky.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

       Reddish Mars rises in the East before midnight and is visible in the southern sky until sunrise, to the east of the Lion.  It is approaching as close as it ever gets to earth in its orbit, so it will brighten to yellowish-red and turn retrograde in the sky, meaning it will appear to stay near the same stars it is near now for most of the coming spring and summer, in fact returning to the stars of the Lion is passed through this fall. The moon passes close to it late Wednesday night.

    FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: Start with the 18th mantra today.