Soul-Calendar, Week 44 after Easter

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 19, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 17 KB

       The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

            THE ZODIAC IMAGE
        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation AQUARIUS from Feb. 9th  through  Mar. 8th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the WATER-MAN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of magenta, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 44 *

    Ergriefend neue Sinnesreize

    Erfühlet Seelenklarheit,

    Eingedenk vollzogener Geistgeburt,

    Verwirren sprossend Weltenwerden

    Mit meines Denkens Schöpferwillen.

    Grasping new sense-arisings

    Fulfilling Soul-Clarity,

    Mindful of achieved Spirit-Birth,

    Connecting the sprouting World-Becoming

    With my Thinking’s Shaping-Will.

          We are heading towards spring and summer, when the outer Earth awakens. This week, stirrings of life in this wakening outer world combine with our wills as we continue to unfold the "spirit-birth" achieved at Christmas.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, February 19th. Moon Aquarius. Copernicus born 1473. 1700, Acceptance of the Gregorian Calendar by the Protestants.

    Monday,  February 20th. Moon Aquarius.  Voltaire born 1694.

    Tuesday, February 21st. Moon Pisces. New Moon. Spinoza died 1677.

    Wednesday,  February 22nd. Moon Pisces Papias (Disciple of the Apostles, died as a martyr 116 A.D.) Schopenhauer born 1788.

    Thursday,  February 23rd. Moon Aries. Lazarus (the poor man in the Gospel). Lazarus (who as described in John’s Gospel by Christ was awakened). Mathematician Gauss died 1855. Eduard von Hartmann born 1842.

    Friday,  February 24th. Moon Aries.  Matthias the Apostle, chosen in Judas’ place).    Gutenberg died 1468.

    Saturday,  February 25th. Moon Aries.    2/25  Cellini died 1571.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

        "Evening star" Venus can be seen in the west at sunset. Jupiter is the bright "star" higher up in the sky. Venus is approaching it and they will be conjunct by the end of the month. The moon will be seen near Venus Friday at sunset and then appear between them Saturday night.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

       Reddish Mars rises in the East before midnight and is visible in the southern sky until sunrise, to the east of the Lion.  It is approaching as close as it ever gets to earth in its orbit, so it will brighten to yellowish-red and turn retrograde in the sky, meaning it will appear to stay near the same stars it is near now for most of the coming spring and summer, in fact returning to the stars of the Lion is passed through this fall.

    FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: Start with the 16th mantra today.

    Message 2 of 4 , Jan 26, 2014

           The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CAPRICORNUS from January 5th through February 8th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the GOAT-FISH from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of 'magenta' we cannot yet see, is attached to this e-mail.

                                          * MANTRA # 44  *

      Ergriefend neue Sinnesreize

      Erfühlet Seelenklarheit,

      Eingedenk vollzogener Geistgeburt,

      Verwirren sprossend Weltenwerden

      Mit meines Denkens Schöpferwillen.

      Grasping new sense-arisings

      Filling Soul-Clarity,

      Mindful of acheived Spirit-Birth,

      Entangling sprouting World-Becoming

      With my Thinking’s Shaping-Will.

         We are heading towards spring and summer, when our inner selves once more go to "sleep" while the Earth instead awakens. This week, the first stirrings of life in the wakening outer world combine with our wills as we continue to unfold the "spirit-birth" achieved at Christmas.

      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, January 26th. Moon Sagittarius. Polycarp (Pupil of the Evangelist John, taken to Smyrna in old age and burned to death in the year 169).

      Monday, January 27th. Moon Capricorn.
       John Chrysostom (Bishop to Constantinople, operated under Emperor Eudoxia, sharply censured him morally, burned 407). Mozart born 1756. Schelling born 1775. 1814 Fichte died. 1808 David Friedrich Strauss born.

      Tuesday, January 28th. Moon Capricorn.
        Day of Remembrance of Charlemagne (died 814).

      Wednesday,  January 29th. Moon Aquarius.
       Constantine the Great (first Christian Roman Emperor, baptized shortly before his death in 312 A.D.). Theobald (advanced Christianity in England in the 13th century).

      Thursday, January 30th. Moon Aquarius. New Moon.
          Alexander.

      Friday  January 31st. Moon Pisces.
      Marcella. Petrus Nolascenus.

      Saturday,  February 1st. Moon Pisces.  Brigid, patron saint of Ireland, died 500. Ignatius (pupil of the Evangelist John, by command of the Emperor Trajan torn apart by wild animals).

      ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

        In the East, brilliant Jupiter rises next to the Twins at sunset.