Soul-Calendar, Week 40 after Easter

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 22, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 18 KB

       The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

            THE ZODIAC IMAGE
        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CAPRICORNUS from Jan. 5th  through  Feb. 8th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SEA-GOAT from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of magenta, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 40 *

    Und bin ich in den Geistestiefen,

    Erfüllt in meinen Seelengrunden

    Aus herzens Liebewelten,

    Der Eigenheiten leerer Wahn

    Sich mit dem Weltenwortes Feuerkraft.

    And when I am in the Spirit Depths,

    There's filled in my Soul's Ground

    Out of Heart's Love-World

    The selfhood's empty illusion

    With the World-Word's Fire-Strength.

     An interpretation of the mantra:

          Last week we felt given over to the revelations coming from our inner Spirit to gain the experiencing of the Light that infuses the outer world, and the power of thinking (which we do with the spirit) gave us the feeling of ourselves as a reality in the world.

         This week, this reality of selfhood, which would otherwise remain an illusion, is made real by the fiery power of the World-Word, through Love.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, January 22nd. Moon Aquarius. Francis Bacon von Verulam born 1561. Lessing born 1729.  Byron born 1788.  Ampere born 1775.

    Monday,  January 23rd. Moon Aquarius. New Moon. Wedding Anniversary of Mary & Joseph.

    Tuesday, January 24th. Moon Aquarius.  Day of St. Timothy (School of Paul, stoned to death in Ephesus because of his preaching against the worship of Diana).

    Wednesday,  January 25th. Moon PiscesAnniversary of Paul’s Conversion on the Way to Damascus. Philosopher Jacobi born 1743.

    Thursday,  January 26th. Moon Pisces.  Polycarp (School of the Evangelist John, taken to Smyrna in old age and burned to death in the year 169).

    Friday,  January 27th. Moon Aries.   John Chrysostom (Bishop to Constantinople, operated under Emperor Eudoxia, sharply censured him morally, burned 407). Mozart born 1756. Schelling born 1775. 1814 Fichte died. 1808 David Friedrich Strauss born.

    Saturday,  January 28th. Moon Aries.   Day of Remembrance of Charlemagne (died 814).

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

        "Evening star" Venus can be seen in the southwest at sunset. The first crescent of the new moon will appear near it Wednesday and Thursday nights.
       Jupiter is the bright "star" high in the southern sky from sunset till about midnight. The moon will move from Venus closer to Jupiter over Friday and Saturday nights, reaching closest to it on Sunday the 29th.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

       Reddish Mars rises in the East before midnight and is visible in the southern sky until sunrise, to the east of the Lion.  It is approaching as close as it ever gets to earth in its orbit, so it will brighten to yellowish-red and turn retrograde in the sky, meaning it will appear to stay near the same stars it is near now for most of the coming spring and summer, in fact returning to the stars of the Lion is passed through this fall.

    FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: Start with the 13th mantra today.

    Message 2 of 3 , Jan 29, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
[...]

     *  M A N T R A  # 41 *

    Der Seele Schaffensmacht,

    Sie strebet aus dem Herzensgrunde,

    Im Menschenleben Gotterkräft

    Zu rechtem Wirken zu entflammen,

    Sich selber zu gestalten

    Im Menschenliebe und im Menschenwerke.

    The Soul's Shaping-Might

    It strives from out of Heart's Ground,

    In Man's Life Godly Stength

    To righteous Work to enflame,

    So itself to form

    In Man's Love and in Man's Work.

    An interpretation of the mantra:

       Last week's mantra, when worked with, led us to feel how our selfhood, which would otherwise remain illusionary, was made real by the fiery power of the World-Word, through Love.

       This week, this power working in the foundation of the soul strives outward, so that these fiery divine forces can pour themselves into what we create, both in our love and in our work.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, January 29th. Moon Aries. Constantine the Great (first Christian Roman Emperor, baptized shortly before his death in 312 A.D.). Theobald (advanced Christianity in England in the 13th century).

    Monday,  January 30th. Moon Taurus. First Quarter. Alexander.

    Tuesday, January 31st. Moon Taurus.   Marcella. Petrus Nolascenus.

    Wednesday,  February 1st. Moon Gemini Brigid, patron saint of Ireland, died 500. Ignatius (school of the Evangelist John, by command of the Emperor Trajan torn apart by wild animals).

    Thursday,  February 2nd. Moon Gemini.  Mary’s Light-mass (Candlemas). Simeon (the old man. that according to the Evangelist recognized Jesus at his presentation in the Temple).

    Friday,  February 3rd. Moon Gemini.   Ansgarius (brought Christianity to the Swedes and Danes in the 9th century).

    Saturday,  February 4th. Moon Cancer.    Phileas (worker for Christianity in Egypt in the 4th century).

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

        "Evening star" Venus can be seen in the southwest at sunset.
       Jupiter is the bright "star" high in the southern sky from sunset till about midnight. The moon will be close to it on Sunday and Monday nights.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

       Reddish Mars rises in the East before midnight and is visible in the southern sky until sunrise, to the east of the Lion.  It is approaching as close as it ever gets to earth in its orbit, so it will brighten to yellowish-red and turn retrograde in the sky, meaning it will appear to stay near the same stars it is near now for most of the coming spring and summer, in fact returning to the stars of the Lion is passed through this fall.

    FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: Start with the 14th mantra today.

    Message 3 of 3 , Dec 29, 2013
    • 1 Attachment
    • 53 KB

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SAGITTARIUS from December 1st through January 4th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the ARCHER from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of 'magenta' we cannot yet see, is attached to this e-mail.

                                        * MANTRA # 40  *

    Und bin ich in den Geistestiefen,

    Erfüllt in meinen Seelengrunden

    Aus herzens Liebewelten,

    Der Eigenheiten leerer Wahn

    Sich mit dem Weltenwortes Feuerkraft.

    And when I am in the Spirit-Depths,

    Filled in my Soul's Ground

    Out of Heart's Love-World

    Is the selfhood's empty illusion

    With the World-Word's Fire-Strength.

     Last week we felt given over to the revelations coming from our inner Spirit to gain the experiencing of the Light that infuses the outer world, and the power of thinking (which we do with the spirit) gave us the feeling of ourselves as a reality in the world. This week, this reality of selfhood, which would otherwise remain an illusion, is made real by the fiery power of the World-Word, through Love.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

      Sunday, December 29th. Moon Sagittarius. The Prophet Nathan.  Malthus the national economist died 1834.

      Monday, December 30th. Moon Sagittarius. Day of David, King of Israel.

    Tuesday, December 31st. Moon Capricorn. J. Wycleff died 1384.

     Wednesday,  January 1st. Moon Capricorn. New Moon.  Ulrich Zwingli born 1484.

      Thursday, January 2nd. Moon Aquarius. Adam's Sons Abel and Seth. Melchior, one of the holy 3 Kings. Lavater died 1801.

     Friday  January 3rd. Moon Aquarius.  Caspar, one of the holy 3 Kings. Enoch, Father of Methusalah. Slavery lifted in North America 1865.

    Saturday,  January 4th. Moon Pisces.
      Balthasar, one of the holy 3 Kings. Methusalah, died shortly before the Flood, which legend says happened in his 969th  year. Jacob Grimm born 1785. Mos. Mendelssohn died 1786.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

       Venus is the bright white 'star' in the West at sunset. The first crescent of the new moon is seen near it Thursday and Friday nights.
      In the East, Jupiter rises next to the Twins about 6 P.M.