Soul-Calendar, 39th week after Easter

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 15, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 18 KB

       The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

            THE ZODIAC IMAGE
        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation CAPRICORNUS from Jan. 5th  through  Feb. 8th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SEA-GOAT from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of magenta, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 3 9 *

    An Geistesoffenbarung hingegeben

    Gewinne ich des Weltenwesens Licht.

    Gedankenkraft, sie wächst

    Sich klärend mir mich selbst zu geben,

    Und weckend löst sich mir

    Aus Denkermacht das Selbstgefühl.

    "To Spirit-Revealing given over,

    I win the World-Essence's Light.

    Thinking's Strength, it grows

     In clarity myself to give

    And waking loosens for me

    Out of Thinking's Might Self-Feeling."

    An interpretation of the mantra:

        Last week we felt ourselves give birth to a new consciousness that will grow out into the world all the year to come.  This is the height of self-consciousness.

        This week's verse describes how, when we give ourselves over to the revelations coming from this inner Spirit, we gain the experiencing of the Light that infuses the outer world; and the power of thinking (which we do with the spirit) as it grows stronger, gives us the feeling of ourselves as a reality in the world.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, January 15th. Moon Libra. Last Quarter. Macarius, celebrated Egyptian hermit of 4th century.

    Monday,  January 16th. Moon Scorpio.  Faustus (lived in Alexandria in 3rd century). Historical writer Gibbon died 1794.

    Tuesday, January 17th. Moon Scorpio.   Benjamin Franklin born 1706.

    Wednesday,  January 18th. Moon Sagittarius.  Montesquieu born 1689.

    Thursday,  January 19th. Moon Sagittarius.   James Watt born 1736.

    Friday,  January 20th. Moon Capricorn.   Sebastian.

    Saturday,  January 21st. Moon Capricorn.  Eusebius.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

        "Evening star" Venus can be seen in the southwest at sunset.
       Jupiter is the bright "star" high in the southern sky from sunset till shortly after midnight.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

       Reddish Mars rises in the East before midnight and is visible in the southern sky until sunrise, to the east of the Lion.  It is approaching as close as it ever gets to earth in its orbit, so it will brighten to yellowish-red and turn retrograde in the sky, meaning it will appear to stay near the same stars it is near now for most of the coming spring and summer, in fact returning to the stars of the Lion is passed through this fall.

    FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: Start with the 13th mantra today.