Soul-Calendar, Week 34 after Easter

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 11, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 240 KB

       The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

            THE ZODIAC IMAGE
        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SAGITTARIUS from Dec. 1st through Jan. 4th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the ARCHER from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of magenta, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 3 4  *

    Geheimnisvolle das Alt-Bewahrte
    Mit neuerstandnem Eigensein
    Im Innern sich belebend fühlend:
    Es soll erweckend Weltenkräfte
    In meines Lebens Aussenwerk ergiessen,
    Und werdend mich ins Dasein prägen.

    Mysteriously what is preserved of Old
    With newly-arisen Self-Being
    Within me I feel enlivened:
    It shall let flow awakened World-Power
    Into my Life's outer work
    And transforming me, make my imprint in Existence.

        Throughout the Fall our Self-Consciousness (instead of Outer World consciousness)grows.

        Last week, this inner self-awareness grew to the point that we felt detached completely from the world, and saw it, without our soul's participation in it, as an icy, dead wasteland --- and saw that all we create detached from the world would likewise be dead.

        Now, we find within this new growing self-consciousness, in a mysterious way, all our precious treasure of past experience--- all we have brought with us from our whole past life--- again come to life; and the World's power now consciously flows into the deeds of our life in such a way that the Self can imprint its nature onto the world.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, December 11th. Moon Cancer.   1843 Robert Koch born.

    Monday,  December 12th. Moon Cancer.   Albrecht von Haller died 1777.

    Tuesday, December 13th. Moon Leo.    Friedrich Hebbel died 1863.

    Wednesday,  December 14th. Moon Leo.  Tycho Brahe born 1546.

    Thursday,  December 15th. Moon Virgo.  St. Ignatius.

    Friday,  December 16th. Moon Virgo.   Ludwig van Beethoven born 1770. Wilhelm Grimm died 1878.

    Saturday,  December 17th. Moon Virgo. Last Quarter.  Day of Lazarus, he who by Christ was awakened.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

        "Evening star" Venus can be seen low in the southwest at sunset. Jupiter is the bright "star" high in the southern sky from sunset till shortly before dawn.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

    "Morning star" dim, reddish Mars rises about midnight and is visible directly south at sunrise.   The waning (three-quarter) moon  will be seen near it Friday and Saturday late nights.

    FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: Start with the 8th mantra today.