Soul-Calendar, Week 33 after Easter

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 3, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 53 KB

       The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

            THE ZODIAC IMAGE
        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SAGITTARIUS from Dec. 1st through Jan. 4th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the ARCHER from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of magenta, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 3 3  *

    So fühl ich erst die Welt,

    Die ausser meiner Seele Miterleben

    An sich nur frostig leeres Leben

    Und ohne Macht sich offenbarend,

    In Seelen sich von neuend schaffend,

    In sich den Tod nur finden könnte.

    So feel I first the World,

    That without my Soul's Living-With it

    As but a frozen empty Life

    And without Power is revealed,

    In new shaping out of the Soul,

    In itself alone, can only find Death.

        In the Autumn, we gradually gain greater Self-Consciousness rather than outer consciousness of external nature.
        Last week, we felt how our consciousness was now strong enough to gain clear insight into the Destiny (karma) events in our lives.
        This week, we reach the point in the growth of
self-consciousness where we first feel detached completely from the outer world, and see that, without our soul's participation on it, it would be an
icy, dead wasteland--- while we feel a strong urge to create, but must see
that, if we create what has meaning only for ourselves, it will likewise be

    Sunday, December 4th. Moon Aries.  Thomas Carlyle b. 1795. Galvani d. 1798.
    Monday,  December 5th. Moon Aries.    Mozart died 1791.

    Tuesday, December 6th. Moon Taurus.  Nikolaus (Legend: A father, on the way to Hunger and Poverty, was going to hand over his three daughters to shamefulness; Nikolaus discovered this and at night threw a bundle of gold through the man's window, enough to provide his three daughters with a dowry and for the man to live on. From this the tradition, that on this day we give gifts to children.) Max Muller the Orientalist born 1833.

    Wednesday,  December 7th. Moon Taurus.   First German railroad opened 1835.

    Thursday,  December 8th. Moon Gemini.  Festival of the Conception of Mary (Remembrance of the conception without sin of Mary through her mother Anna).  Herbert Spencer died 1903.

    Friday,  December 9th. Moon Gemini.  Poet Milton born1608.

    Saturday,  December 10th. Moon Gemini. Full Moon.  1520 Luther burns Papal Bull.

        "Evening star" Venus can be seen low in the southwest at sunset. Jupiter is the bright "star" high in the southeastern sky from sunset till shortly before dawn.

    "Morning star" dim, reddish Mars rises shortly after midnight and is visible directly south at sunrise.

    FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: Start with the 7th mantra today.