Soul-Calendar, Week 30 after Easter: Autumn Awakening

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 12, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 50 KB
    The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

        Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the 1st mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

    The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

            THE ZODIAC IMAGE

        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation SCORPIUS from Nov. 10th through 30th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCORPION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, a shade of magenta, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 30  *

    Es spriessen mir im Seelensonnenlicht

    Des Denkens reife Früchte

    In Selbstbewusstseins Sicherheit

    Verwandelt alles Fühlen sich.

    Empfinden kann ich freudevoll

    Des Herbstes Geisterwachen:

    Der Winter wird in mir

    Den Seelensommer wecken.

    There sprouts in Soul-Sun-Light

    The ripening Fruits of Thinking

    Into Self-Consciousness' certainty

    Transforming all Feelings.

    I can perceive joyously

    The Autumn's Spirit-Watch:

    The Winter becomes in me

    The Soul-Summer's wakening.

        The season of Autumn is the "Michaelmas" time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer.

       Last week in this ongoing transformation, we felt a growing power of Thinking as the gift of our Summer experience, making sense out of all that seemed senseless, giving us a feeling of a rest and an expectation of good in the coming Winter.

        This week, we feel this growing thinking consciousness directing all our feelings from vagueness to certainty, as our summer soul-experience awakens fully.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, November 13th . Moon Cancer Moon Nicholas I (was in the 9th century as Pope defender of celibacy for priests).

     Monday,  November 14th. Moon Cancer. 1716 the Philosopher Leibnitz died. 1825 Jean Paul died. 1831 Hegel died.

     Tuesday, N
    ovember 15th. Moon Leo.
     Albertus Magnus (the great scholar and researcher of the 13th century, Teacher of Thomas Aquinas). 1630 Astronomer Kepler died. 1738 Astronomer Herschel born. 1741 Lavater born.

    .Wednesday,
     November 16th. Moon Leo.  Edmund (King of England).

    Thursday,
     November 17th. Moon Leo. 1875 Blavatsky founded the Theosophical Society.

    Friday,  November 18th. Moon Virgo.  1789 Daguerre, the inventor of photography, born.

    Saturday,
     November 19th. Moon Virgo.  Zacharius.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

        "Evening stars" Venus and Mercury can both be seen low in the southwest right at sunset. Jupiter is the bright "star" high in the southeastern sky from sunset till shortly before dawn.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

    "Morning star" dim, reddish Mars rises shortly after midnight and is visible directly south at sunrise.

    FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: Start with the 4th mantra today.