Calendar of the Soul, Week 43 After Easter

  • starmann77@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 13, 2001
      Here is the 43rd week of the "Soul-Calendar", which is made up of 52
      meditative mantras enabling one to consciously experience the 'astral' (soul)
      events occurring within one in the course of the year, 12 images of the
      zodiac to be meditated on to sense the working of the solar forces in the
      cosmos in the day and the Moon's position in those constellations for each
      night, for sensing the lunar forces---along with a list of saints and other
      spiritual figures & events for specific days of the week.
      (Sorry we are late this week---server problem.)

      First, the mantra in the original German and in English:

      * M A N T R A # 4 3 *
      In Winterlichen Tiefen
      Erwarmt des Geistes wahres Sein;
      Es gibt dem Weltenscheine,
      Durch Herzenskräfte Daseinsmächt
      Der Weltenkälte trotzt erstarkend
      Das Seelenfeuer in Menscheninnern.

      It Winter-like deeps
      Grows warm the Spirit’s true Being;
      It gives to World-Shining
      Through Heart’s strength Existence’s Might,
      The World-Cold despite, there strengthens
      The Soul-Fire in Man’s Innerness.

      The anthroposophic path uses mantras to instill Inspiration or "spiritual
      hearing". The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not
      important, but rather reciting it and entering with deeper soul-forces into
      its inner experience. Also, these mantras were created in the German language
      and have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step
      to using the original; I’ve kept close to it in translating, so anyone can
      easily go from English to German.

      This week's mantram:

      Last week we experienced the start of the gradual change back to the Summer
      Nature-Consciousness rather than the Self-Consciousness of winter, as still
      in winter-darkness, the soul felt its own strength growing supreme, and
      through the warmth of the heart had a presentiment of the Sun's time to come.
      This week, the human Spirit grows, giving to the mere appearance of the world
      a reality of existence as its fiery force waxes.

      * T H E W E E K S P I R I T U A L L Y *

      The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Aquarius
      from Feb. 9th to March 8th. The symbolic image of the 'Waterman' done from
      Steiner's sketches & indications can't be sent with this post; we will send
      it next week. The Moon phases and positions in the stars are listed below
      for each night, along with the birth & death days of some of the spiritual
      figures & events published in the first ‘Seelencalendar’: these are fruitful
      material for contemplation on those days. I’m in the process of translating
      these to restore the Calendar to its intended use with the full
      spiritual/solar/lunar connections.

      Sunday Feb. 11th. Moon Virgo.1650 Descartes died.
      Monday Feb. 12th. Moon Virgo. 1804 Kant died. 1809 Darwin born.
      Tuesday Feb. 13th. Moon Libra. Agabus (Christian teacher of the Apostles'
      time).
      Francis de Sales. 1883 Richard Wagner died.

      Wednesday Feb. 14th Moon Libra. Seafarer Cook killed 1779. Nees v. Esenbeck,
      Botanist, born 1776.
      Thursday Feb. 15th Moon Scorpius. Last Quarter.1564 Galilei Born. 1781
      Lessing died.
      Friday Feb. 16th Moon Scorpius. 1834 Haeckel born.
      Saturday Feb. 17th Giordano Bruno burned 1600. Olcott died 1907.

      *******Dr. Starman

      P.S. The Moon and the planet Mars can be seen close together in Scorpius
      Feb.14th, rising in the East about midnight and travelling together from East
      to West till dawn.
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2002
        The "Calendar of the Soul"

        The cycle of the year can be a meditation in itself, through which you can
        sense the Beings that are behind the changing seasons, and Rudolf Steiner
        gave out the 'Calendar of the Soul' to do this. It's 52 meditative mantras
        enabling you to consciously experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring
        within you as well as in outer Nature in the course of the year. These are
        well known to many anthroposophists; but the original Calendar published in
        1912 ALSO contained 12 Images of the Zodiac (to be meditated on to sense the
        working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos in the day), a listing of the
        Moon's phase and position in the constellations each night (for sensing the
        'lunar' forces), and a list of saints and other spiritual figures connected
        with specific days of the week. We're presenting all that here. This week's
        mantra in the original German and in translation:

        * M A N T R A # 4 3 *
        In Winterlichen Tiefen
        Erwarmt des Geistes wahres Sein;
        Es gibt dem Weltenscheine,
        Durch Herzenskräfte Daseinsmächt
        Der Weltenkälte trotzt erstarkend
        Das Seelenfeuer in Menscheninnern.

        It Winter-like deeps
        Grows warm the Spirit’s true Being;
        It gives to World-Shining
        Through Heart’s strength Existence’s Might;
        The World-Cold despite, there strengthens
        The Soul-Fire in Man’s Innerness.

        This week's mantram:
        Last week's verse, when worked with, led us to feel the strong drive to
        continue unfolding the inner soul's power, and this gave us within our hearts
        a prophetic sensing of the reality to come in the coming spring and summer,
        when our inner selves once more sleep while the Earth awakens. This week, the
        spirit pours into the soul's fiery power growing stronger, and through the
        heart gives to the mere appearance of the outer world a reality it otherwise
        would not have.

        **********************************
        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of Capricornus
        from Jan. 5th to Feb. 8th in our era. The symbolic image of Capricorn done
        from Steiner's sketches & indications is attached to this post.

        Sunday February 3rd. Moon Scorpio. Ansgarius (brought Christianity to the
        Swedes and Danes in the 9th century).
        Monday February 4th. Moon Scorpio. Phileas (worker for Christianity in
        Egypt in the 4th century).
        Tuesday February 5th. Moon Scorpio. Thomas Carlyle died 1881.
        Wednesday February 6th. Moon Sagittarius. 1807 Abolition of Slavery in
        England.
        Thursday February 7th. Moon Sagittarius. 1446 Columbus born.
        Friday February 8th. Moon Capricorn. Solomon, King of Israel. Leyden
        University founded 1575. David Friedrich Strauss died 1874.
        Saturday February 9th. Moon Capricorn. Apollonia, Christian martyr in
        Alexandria in the 3rd century.