Soul-Calendar, Week 29 after Easter

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 7, 2011
    The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'      Sorry we are late this week.-starman

        Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the 1st mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

    The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

            THE ZODIAC IMAGE

        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from Oct. 13th to Nov. 9th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCALES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, violet, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 2 9  *

    Sich selbst des Denkens leuchten

    Im Innern kraftvoll zu entfachen,

    Erlebtes sinnvoll deutend

    Aus Weltengeistes Kräftequell,

    Ist mir nun Sommererbe

    Ist Herbstesruhe und auch Winterhoffnung.

    The Glowing Light of Thinking

    Within oneself powerfully to enkindle,

    Life's meaningfulness interpreting

    Out of the World-Spirit's Power-Source,

    Is to me Summer's inheritance,

    Is Fall's Rest and also Winter's Hope.

        The season of Autumn is the "Michaelmas" time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we had all Summer.

        Last week, we felt this growing self-consciousness cause our being to widen: thinking found itself able to solve seemingly-insoluable mysteries of life, and in our feelings, many wishes we had given up on now we see it possible to realize.

       This week, we should feel this growing power of Thinking as the gift of our Summer experience, making sense out of all that seemed senseless in life; giving us a feeling of a restful pause and an expectation of good in the coming Winter.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, November 6th . Moon Aries 1771 Senefelder, the inventor of Lithography, born.

     Monday,  November 7th. Moon Aries. 1775 Goethe entered into Weimar.

     Tuesday, N
    ovember 8th. Moon Taurus.
     1674 Milton died.

    .Wednesday,
     November 9th. Moon Taurus. Day of Remembrance of 40 Martyrs, who because they refused to participate in a Feast to pagan gods, were murdered by the Langobards.

    Thursday,
     November 10th. Moon Taurus. Full Moon. 1483 Luther born. 1759 Schiller born.

    Friday,  November 11th. Moon Gemini.  St. Martin's Day.

    Saturday,
     November 12th. Moon Gemini.  1869 Maler Fr. Overbeck died.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

    Jupiter is the bright "star" high in the southeastern sky from sunset till shortly before dawn. The full moon this week will appear close to it.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

    "Morning star" dim, reddish Mars rises shortly after midnight and is visible directly south at sunrise.

    FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: Start with the third mantra today.

    Message 2 of 7 , Oct 12, 2013

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from October 13th through November 9th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCALES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, violet, is attached to this e-mail.

[...]

    Sunday, October 13th. Moon Aquarius. Angelus.

    Monday, October 14th. Moon Pisces.  Callistus.

    Tuesday, October 15th. Moon Pisces.  1844 Friedrich Nietzche born.

    Wednesday,  October 16th. Moon Aries Gallus (the appointer of the cloisters of St. Gallen).

    Thursday, October 17th. Moon Aries Hilarius.

    Friday  October 18th. Moon Aries. Full Moon. Luke (the Evangelist).

    Saturday,  October 19th. Moon Taurus.  Ptolemäus.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

       Venus is the bright white 'star' in the West at sunset.

    Message 3 of 7 , Oct 12, 2016

    Sorry to be so late with this week's Calendar. Hurricane Matthew knocked out our power and internet for several days.-Starman
                      The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'
         Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'SOUL-CALENDAR' in 1912, 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the 1st mantra on Easter Sunday.
         These mantras are known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and spiritual figures' birth/death dates and dates of events to contemplate on each day Here is the Soul-Calendar restored to its complete form--- with details added on the planets this week as well.
                                         THE ZODIAC IMAGE
         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from September 8th to October 12th in our time. A version of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original Soul-Calendar in the color he said corresponded to the sign, violet, is attached to this e-mail.
                                                             THE WEEK'S MANTRAS:
        The anthroposophical path uses symbolic images called 'Imaginations' to awaken 'spiritual sight', and mantras ('Inspirations' ) to open 'spiritual hearing.' The meaning of the words of a mantra at first sight is not important, but rather what happens when you recite it and enter with deeper soul-forces into its inner experience. These mantras were created in German and have their rhythms in that, so learning an English version is just a step to using the original; I've kept close to it in translating, so anyone can easily go from English to German.

     Northern Hemisphere (Mantra #29)

[...]

    Southern Hemisphere
        When Europeans brought the Christian religion and its traditions to the Southern Hemisphere, they should have adjusted these to the reversed time of the seasons. "Easter" was the first Sunday after the first full moon after the SPRING equinox, which in the Northern Hemisphere is about March 21st--- but in the Southern Hemisphere is what we in the North call the autumnal equinox, about Sept. 22nd. The full moon following that equinox will be Saturday Oct. 15th, and therefore "Easter Sunday" in the Southern Hemisphere will be Oct. 16th. We will start with the first mantra on that day.
       Because we use a "year" from Easter Sunday to Easter Sunday, some years there are less than 52 weeks and some years there are more. This year there are less, so we don't begin again for 2 weeks. The Goetheanum solves that problem in the Northern Hemisphere by taking the "year" and dividing it in 52, but then we are not using true "weeks" of 7 days, so I prefer to use the actual weeks, with the result that some years we don't get to go through all 52 while other years we run out before Easter Sunday returns.

                                      THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:
    Sunday  October  9th Moon Capricorn. First Quarter. Dionysius (he who conducted the counting of the years since the Birth of Christ and decided the the method for fixing the celebration of the Easter festival).

    Monday  October 10th. Moon Aquarius.  Gideon.

    Tuesday  October 11th. Moon Aquarius. 1531 Zwingli died.

    Wednesday  October 12thMoon Pisces. Wilfred (acted for the spreading of Christianity in Sweden in the 11th century).

    Thursday  October 13th. Moon Pisces. Angelus.

    Friday  October 14th Moon Aries. Callistus.

    Saturday October 15th. Moon Aries. Full Moon. 1844 Friedrich Nietzche born.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:
         Venus is now an "evening star" and can be seen brilliantly shining in the West after sunset, now in the sign Scorpio.
         In the southwest, low in the sky, SATURN may still be found above the bright star ANTARES in Scorpius, while Mars, still a brilliant yellowish-red, has moved further east (to the left) into the stars of Sagittarius, which is low in the south. It crossed over the top of the famous "Teapot" over the past week.