Soul-Calendar, Week 26 after Easter (MICHAELMAS)

    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 16, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 81 KB
    The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

        Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the 1st mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

    The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

            THE ZODIAC IMAGE

        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LIBRA from Oct. 13th to Nov. 9th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the SCALES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, violet, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 2 6  *

    Natur, deine mütterliches Sein,

    Ich trage es in meinem Willenswesen;

    Und meines Willens Feuermacht,

    Sie stählet meines Geistes Triebe,

    Dass sie gebären Selbstgefühl,

    Zu tragen mich in mir.

    Nature, your mother-like Being,

    I carry you in my Will-Essence;

    And my Will's Fiery Might,

    It steels my Spirit-Drive,

    That this bears Self-Feeling,

    To carry myself in me.

       The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self (inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature (outer)-consciousness we have in summer.

          Last week, this developing self-consciousness placed us in a state of being completely alone, so that the Light which within could be shed on the otherwise dark outer world.

         This week is the mood of Michaelmas verse itself---the developing ego-consciousness we have at this season we can feel is the Being of Nature itself, and we carry this into our own Wills; then, the will can give 'steel' or backbone to the drives of our conscious human spirits, so that they have a stamp of Self-feeling; and if we flow with this, then, we have the experience of a second Self we carry within our ordinary selves.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, October 16th . Moon Gemini. Gallus (the appointer of the cloisters of St. Gallen).

      Monday,  October 17th. Moon Cancer. Hilarius.

      Tuesday,
    October 18th. Moon Cancer.
    Luke (the Evangelist).

    .Wednesday,
    October 19th. Moon Cancer. Last Quarter.
     Ptolemäus.

    Thursday, October 20th. Moon Leo.
    Arthur.

    Friday, October 21st. Moon Leo. Ursula (dignitary with 11,000 maidens imprisoned and executed by the Huns)

    Saturday, October 22nd. Moon Virgo.
     1811 Franz Liszt born.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

    Jupiter is the bright "star" high in the southern sky from shortly after sunset till dawn.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

    "Morning star" dim, reddish Mars is visible in the east just before sunrise.

    FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: Start with the first mantra today.

    Message 2 of 2 , Sep 30 6:23 PM
    • 1 Attachment
    • 29 KB

        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from September 8th through October 12th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, Indigo, is attached to this e-mail.

[...]

    Sunday,  September 30th. Moon AriesHieronymus, died 420, Christian Church teacher.

    Monday,   October 1st. Moon Taurus. 1386 Founding of the University of Heidelburg.  1847 Annie Besant born.

    Tuesday,  October 2nd. Moon Taurus. Frumentius (spreader of Christianity in Ethiopia in the 4th Century). 1892 Ernst Renan died.

    Wednesday,  October 3rd. Moon Taurus. Dionysius the Aeropagite, comrade of Paul. Jairus (in Matthew's Gospel). Simplicius.

    Thursday,  October 4th. Moon Gemini.  Marcianus (spreader of Christianity in Egypt in the 4th Century).1226 Francis of Assizi died.

    Friday
     October 5th. Moon Gemini. Placidus (bringer of Christianity to Sicily in the 6th Century). 1582 The Gregorian Calendar became established.

    Saturday,
    October 6th. Moon Cancer. Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. Angela (who converted Francis of Assizi to Christianity).

    ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:
       Reddish Mars is still visible low in the southwest for a short time after sunset.