Soul-Calendar Mantra 25 : Solitude

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 29 KB
    The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

        Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the 1st mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

    The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

            THE ZODIAC IMAGE

        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from Sept. 8th to Oct. 12th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, indigo, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 2 4  *

    Ich darf nun mir gehören

    Und leuchtend breiten Innenlicht

    In Raumes- und in Zeitenfinsternis.

    Zum Schlafe drängt natürlich Wesen,

    Der Seele Tiefen sollen wachen

    Qnd wachend tragen Sonnengluten

    In kalte Winterfluten.

    I now must belong only to myself

    And lightening, spread Inner Light

    Into Space and Time darkness.

    As towards sleep draws all natural Essence,

    The Souls's Deeps shall awaken

    And waking, carry the Sun's Glow

    Into the cold Winter-flowing.

       The season of Autumn is the Michaelmas time, in which we are meant to develop Self(inner)-consciousness instead of the Nature(outer)-consciousness we have in summer.

       Last week in the soul in this ongoing transformation of the season, there was an intense becoming aware of itself which reached down into the dark soul-contents, and through this the Will was unleashed.

       This week this developing self-consciousness places us in a state where it is necessary to be completely alone, so that the Light which is only within can be shed on the otherwise dark outer world. This is the solar essence we carry within us into the night-time of the year.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, October 9th. Moon Pisces.
    Dionysius (he who conducted the counting of the years since the Birth of Christ and decided the the method for fixing the celebration of the Easter festival).

     Monday,
    October 10th. Moon Aries.
    Gideon.

      Tuesday,
    October 11th. Moon Aries. Full Moon.
    1531 Zwingli died.

    .Wednesday,
    October 12th. Moon Taurus.
    Wilfred (acted for the spreading of Christianity in Sweden in the 11th century)

    Thursday, October 13th. Moon Taurus.
    Angelus.

    Friday, October 14
    th. Moon Taurus.
     Callistus.

    Saturday, October 15th. Moon Gemini.
     1844 Friedrich Nietzche born.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

    Jupiter is the bright "star" high in the southern sky from shortly after sunset till dawn. The full moon is seen close to it Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

    "Morning star" dim, reddish Mars is visible in the east just before sunrise.

    FOR THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE: This week is the full moon after your "spring" equinox (it's the autumnal equinox only in the North), and therefore you should start with the first mantra next Sunday.