Soul-Calendar, Week 21 after Easter

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 11, 2011
    • 29 KB
    The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

    Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience all this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

    The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

            THE ZODIAC IMAGE

        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation VIRGO from Sept. 8th to Oct. 12th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the VIRGIN from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, indigo, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 2 1  *

    Ich fühle fruchtend fremde Macht

    Sich stärkend mir mich selbst verleihn,

    Den Keim empfind ich reifend

    Und Ahnung lichtvoll weben

    Im Innern an der Selbstheit Macht.

    I feel bearing fruit a foreign Power

    Which strengthens me, my self to bestow,

    I sense the Seed ripening

    And a premonition of light-filled weaving together

    Of my Inner being and the Selfhood's Might.

        Last week one felt one's self for the first time since 'losing' it (in the Summer light & warmth; but along with this was an acute sense that one would perish along with all one's creations if built from that self alone.

       This week, the spiritual 'seed' that was planted in the summer 'waking dream-state' reaches a stage of ripening where it may begin to 'lend' to us a 'spiritual Self' instead; and we have a strong fore-sensing this will be able to join with the deepest inner forces which the ordinary everyday self would not be able to tap into.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, September 11th. Moon Pisces. Abraham (Race-father of the Old Hebrew People).

    Monday, September 12th. Moon Pisces. Full Moon.  Tobias.

    Tuesday, September 13th. Moon Aries.  1872 the Philosopher Ludwig  Feuerbach died.

    Wednesday, September 14th. Moon Aries.  Festival of the High Cross. Heraclius, brought in 629 the Cross of Christ to Constantinople. 1769 Alexander von Humboldt born. 1887 The Philosopher Freidrich Theodore Vischer died.

    Thursday, September 15th. Moon Taurus. Nicodemus (who in John's Gospel was made a leader.

    Friday, September 16th. Moon Taurus. 1736 The Natural Scientist Farenheit died.

    Saturday, September 17th. Moon  Taurus.  Justinus.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

    Jupiter is the bright "star" high in the southern sky from midnight till dawn. The moon, just past full,  will pass close to it Thursday and Friday nights.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

    "Morning star" dim, reddish Mars is visible in the east just before sunrise.

    Message 2 of 5 , Aug 26, 2012
    • 469 KB

        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LEO from August 4th to September 7th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the LION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, Blue, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  MANTRA # 21 *

    Ich fühle fruchtend fremde Macht

    Sich stärkend mir mich selbst verleihn,

    Den Keim empfind ich reifend

    Und Ahnung lichtvoll weben

    Im Innern an der Selbstheit Macht.

    I feel bearing fruit a foreign Power

    Which strengthens me, my self to bestow,

    I sense the Seed ripening

    And a premonition of light-filled weaving together

    Of my Innermost onto the Selfhood's Might.

        Last week, one felt one's self for the first time since 'losing' it (in the Summer light & warmth); but along with this was an acute sense that one would perish along with all one's creations if built from that self alone.

        This week, the spiritual 'seed' that was planted in the summer 'waking dream-state' reaches a stage of ripening where it may begin to 'lend' to us a 'spiritual Self' instead; and we have a strong fore-sensing this will be able to join with the deepest inner forces which the ordinary self would not be able to tap into.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, August 26th. Moon Capricorn.   Samuel the Isarelite Priest.

    Monday,  August 27th. Moon Capricorn 1770 Hegel born.

    Tuesday, August 28th. Moon AquariusAugustine, the famous Church leader died 430. 1749 Goethe born.

    Wednesday,  August 29th. Moon Aquarius.  Beheading of John the Baptist.

    Thursday, August 30th. Moon Pisces. 1856 John Ross, the discoverer of the magnetic North Pole died.

    Friday August 31st. Moon Pisces. Full Moon.
     Joshua, the successor to Moses. 1821 the Natural Scientist Helmholtz born.

    Saturday,  September 1st. Moon Pisces.
     Firminus.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

     "Evening stars" Mars and Saturn are still conjunct, making a triangle with the star Spica in the west at and for a short time after sunset.

    Message 3 of 5 , Aug 19, 2013
    • 469 KB

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LEO from August 4th through September 7th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the LION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, blue, is attached to this e-mail.

                                        * MANTRA # 21 *

    Ich fühle fruchtend fremde Macht         I feel bearing fruit a foreign Power

    Sich stärkend mir mich selbst verleihn,      Which strengthens me, my self to bestow,

    Den Keim empfind ich reifend                   I sense the Seed ripening

    Und Ahnung lichtvoll weben               And a premonition of light-filled weaving together

    Im Innern an der Selbstheit Macht.       Of my Inner being with the Selfhood's Might.

            An interpretation of the mantra:

    *******Last week one felt one's self for the first time since 'losing' it (in the Summer light & warmth); but along with this was an acute sense that one would perish along with all one's creations if built from that self alone.

            This week, the spiritual 'seed' that was planted in the summer 'waking dream-state' reaches a stage of ripening where it may begin to 'lend' to us a 'spiritual Self' instead; and we have a strong fore-sensing this will be able to join with the deepest inner forces which the ordinary self would not be able to tap into.

        THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, August 18th. Moon Capricorn.  Joachim (Father of Mary).

    Monday, August 19th. Moon Aquarius. 1662 Blaise Pascal died.

    Tuesday, August 20th. Moon Aquarius. Full Moon. 1854 the Philosopher Schelling died.

     Wednesday,  August 21st. Moon Pisces.  Sigismund.

    Thursday,  August 22nd. Moon Pisces. Hippolytus, Christian teacher of the 3rd century.

    Friday  August 23rd. Moon Aries. Claudius.

    Saturday,  August 24th. Moon Aries. Barnabas, the companion of Paul.

                 Bartholomew, the Christian Apostle to India.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE EVENING SKY:

       Venus is the bright white 'star' low in the West at sunset. It will rise higher every night over the next several months.

       Saturn is high in the southern sky at sunset, near the stars of Scorpius.

    Sorry to be late with this week's Calendar. -Starman