Soul-Calendar, Week 19 after Easter

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 28, 2011
    • 469 KB
                  The 'CALENDAR OF THE SOUL'

         Dr. Rudolf Steiner gave out the 'Soul-Calendar' in 1912, consisting of 52 meditative mantras to enable us to experience the 'astral' (soul) events occurring within us as well as in Nature during the year, starting with the first mantra every year on Easter Sunday. We experience all this unconsciously all through the year, but these meditative verses enable us to become conscious of it.

         The mantras for each week are well known to many students of Steiner, but the original 'Calendar ' also had 12 Images of the Zodiac, to be meditated with each month (to sense the working of the 'solar' forces in the cosmos), plus a listing of the Moon's phases & position in the signs each night (for sensing the 'lunar' forces), and a list of dates of births and deaths of spiritual figures and dates of events to contemplate on specific days. Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

                                            THE ZODIAC IMAGE

         The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LEO from August 4th to Sept. 7th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the LION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, blue, is attached to this e-mail.

    * M A N T R A # 19 *

    Geheimnisvoll das Neu-Empfang'ne

    Mit der Erinnerung zu umschliessen,

    Sie meines Strebens weitrer Sinn:

    Es soll starkend Eigenkräfte

    In meinem Innern wecken

    Und werdend mich mir selber geben.

    Mysteriously the newly-received

    With the Memory to enclose,

    Be my Striving's wider Sense:

    It will strengthen Self-forces

    In my Inner awaken

    And becoming me my self give.

    An interpretation of the mantra:

         The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light and warmth; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are to find our "selves" again in the World-Self.

        This week that process is at the point where we have received this 'world self' in the past month --- have taken in to the soul's depths--- and now we seek to enclose this Summer-Event within memory. In the future, the world's very essence will become something permanently part of us, giving us a new 'self' as it evolves us further through the year.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, August 28th. Moon Virgo.  New Moon. Augustine, the famous Church leader died 430.1749 Goethe born.

    Monday, August 29th. Moon Virgo. Beheading of John the Baptist.

    Tuesday, August 30th. Moon Libra.1856 John Ross, the discoverer of the magnetic North Pole died.

    Wednesday, August 31st. Moon Libra. Joshua, the successor to Moses.1821 the Natural Scientist Helmholtz born.

    Thursday, September 1st. Moon Scorpio.   Firminus.

    Friday,  September 2nd. Moon Scorpio.  Absalom.

    Saturday,  September 3rd. Moon Sagittarius.   Eusebius.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

    Jupiter is the bright "star" high in the southern sky from midnight till dawn.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:

    "Morning star" dim, reddish Mars is visible in the east just before sunrise,

    Message 2 of 4 , Aug 12, 2012
    • 469 KB

        The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation LEO from August 4th to September 7th in our era. A version (done by Margot Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the LION from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) in the color he said corresponded to the sign, Blue, is attached to this e-mail.

     *  MANTRA # 19 *

    Geheimnisvoll das Neu-Empfang'ne

    Mit der Erinnerung zu umschliessen,

    Sie meines Strebens weitrer Sinn:

    Es soll starkend Eigenkräfte

    In meinem Innern wecken

    Und werdend mich mir selber geben.

    Mysteriously the newly-received

    Within Memory to enclose,

    Be my Striving's wider Sense:

    It will stronger Self-forces

    In my Inner awaken

    And becoming me, give me my self.

    An explanation of the mantra:

        The summer is when we are meant to lose ourselves in the play of light and warmth; then, from out of the Spirit revealed in the outer world, we are to find our "selves" again in the World-Self.

      This week that process is at the point where we have received this 'world self' in the past month, have taken in to the soul's depths, and now we seek to enclose this "Summer-Event" within memory. In the future, the world's very essence will become something permanently part of us, giving us a new 'self' as it evolves us further.

    THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, August 12th. Moon Gemini.   Clara. Hilaria. Sulpicius.

    Monday,  August 13th. Moon Cancer Hippolytus.

    Tuesday, August 14th. Moon Cancer Eusebius.

    Wednesday,  August 15th. Moon Leo. Mary's Ascension to Heaven.

    Thursday, August 16th. Moon Leo. 1743 the Chemist Lavoisier born.

    Friday August 17th. Moon Virgo.
      New Moon.  Augusta.

    Saturday,  August 18th. Moon Virgo.
     Joachim (Father of Maria).

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

       The Perseid meteor shower peaks tonight, Aug. 12th. They appear to radiate from the constellation Perseus in the north.
     "Evening stars" Mars and Saturn are conjunct, making a triangle with the star Spica in the west after sunset.