Reactive Attachment Disorder

  • radistasi@peoplepc.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 10, 2001
      The following posted U.R.L is a web site addressing the issue of
      R.A.D. in today's children:

      http://attachmenttherapy.com/ad.html

      [rick distasi]
    • Sena Fernando
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 13, 2001
        Rick,
        Thanks for bringing this to our attention. However, I can't
        quite see the connection with Steiner's teachings.
        Regards,
        Sena
        > The following posted U.R.L is a web site addressing the issue of
        > R.A.D. in today's children:
        >
        > http://attachmenttherapy.com/ad.html
        >
        > [rick distasi]
        >

        > Post to steiner@egroups.com

        > Search the archives of the group at:

      • Richard Distasi
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 14, 2001
          Sena, the only reason for bringing this to our attention was simply to bring
          the issue up for anyone who may be interested in following it up on his/her
          own. I really had no anthroposophical agenda at all though such an issue can
          become quite anthroposophical as far as to why this is happening and what
          can be done about it. The reason I did so was that I was reading an article
          in a local newspaper about a week ago on children who are being adopted here
          in the U.S.A. from overseas. Many are found to have severe cases of R.A.D.
          Most of these children are from Russian and Romanian orphanages. The prime
          reason for even raising this issue in e-groups was simply as a human
          interest story and to let others see what has happened to many of the
          children from this part of the world though it is not meant to be to the
          exclusion of the suffering of other children in other such deplorable
          conditions from other parts of the world. Didn't Steiner once say that as a
          waldorf teacher one should look upon 'every' child as being akin to an angel
          that has descended from the spiritual worlds? Thanks for your interest, Rick
          Distasi
          > Thanks for bringing this to our attention. However, I can't
          > quite see the connection with Steiner's teachings.
          > Regards,
          > Sena

        • John Byrde
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 15, 2001
            Dear Rick
            Thanks for bringing posting the RAD link. I've been working with these kids
            for years in a Romanian curative education centre, but had not realised the
            issue had been named in the West and taken up so intensively. We are rather
            out of touch here, and the anthropop curative ed circles have not published
            research on this specifically as far as I know.
            Probably Steiner did not say anything about this in his teachings, Sena, for
            the disorder (although I saw a reference to it on one site as 'The Kaspar
            Hauser Syndrome') was probably little known in Steiner's time. It belongs to
            the neo-barbaric later 20th century.
            Nevertheless anthroposophy's concern to develop and uphold a true 'image of
            man' has a lot to do with the RAD children - just as autism, Down's
            Syndrome, or whatever other disturbance people have to cope with in finding
            their way.
            But all this has more to do with the working out of anthroposophy than its
            teachings, perhaps ....
            So thanks for posting this precious starting point, Rick.
            Greetings
            John Byrde

            > Rick,
            > Thanks for bringing this to our attention. However, I can't
            > quite see the connection with Steiner's teachings.
            > Regards,
            > Sena
            >
            > > The following posted U.R.L is a web site addressing the issue of
            > > R.A.D. in today's children:
            > >
            > > http://attachmenttherapy.com/ad.html
            > >
            > > [rick distasi]
          • Richard Distasi
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 16, 2001
              John,
              thank you for replying to the e-mail about children with R.A.D syndrome. I
              have seen documentaries about the conditions in Romanian and Russian
              orphanages. Please, if you have anything further to add to this in the
              future please do so. Thanks again, Rick Distasi

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 16, 2001
                Dear John,
                Thanks for the information.
                Sena

                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 17, 2001
                  John,
                  thank you for replying to the e-mail about children with R.A.D syndrome. I
                  have seen documentaries about the conditions in Romanian and Russian
                  orphanages. Please, if you have anything further to add to this in the
                  future please do so. Thanks again, Rick Distasi

                  Will do, but now I've got my work cut out on this...
                  John