Soul-Calendar, last week before Easter

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 14 KB

        Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets this week as well.

                                                           *******
                THE ZODIAC IMAGE
       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation ARIES from April 14th to 30th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the RAM from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) ----in the color he said corresponded to the sign, red ---- is attached to this e-mail.

              THE WEEK'S MANTRAS:

    FIRST AND LAST (52nd) VERSES OF THE SOUL-CALENDAR

    *******MANTRA 52*******

    Wenn aus den Seelentiefen

    Der Geist sich wendet zu dem Weltensein

    Und Schönheit quillt aus Raumesweiten,

    Dann zieht aus Himmelsfernen

    Des Lebens Kraft in Menschenleiber

    Und einet, machtvoll wirkend,

    Des Geistes Wesen mit dem Menschensein.

    When out of the Soul’s Depths

    The Spirit winds its way to World-Being

    And Beauty swells into the widths of Space,

    Then is drawn from farthest Heavens

    The Life Force into Man’s bodies

    And there becomes one, mightily working,

    The Spirit’s Essence and Man’s being.

    *******MANTRA # 1*******

    Wenn aus den Weltenweiten

    Die Sonne spricht zum Menschensinn

    Und Freude aus den Seelenteifen,

    Dem Licht sich eint im Schauen,

    Dann ziehen aus der Selbstheit Hülle

    Gedanken in die Raumesfernen

    Und binden dumpf

    Des Menschen Wesen und des Geistes Sein.

    When out of the Wide World

    The Sonne speaks to Man’s Senses

    And Joy out of Soul’s Depths

    Becomes one with Light in vision,

    Then is drawn from the Ego’s Sheath

    Thinking into farthest Worlds

    And joins, dimly,

    Man’s Essence and the Spirit’s Being.

     An interpretation of this week's mantras:

        The dark time of Winter ends, the Sun returns. We are drawn out of ourselves, to find our connection to the cosmos through the beauty of the senses in the outer world, and this begins the annual renewal of our life forces. The 52nd verse describes this as a movement from within us out to the world, while the first verse describes a response coming to us from the world. Our etheric bodies are regenerated through an impulse coming from the heavens connected with the sunlight, one of which our current science knows nothing.

       The year from Easter to Easter is of uneven length because Easter is a "movable feast", being the first Sunday after the first Full Moon after the Vernal Equinox. This year it comes almost the latest it possibly can, April 24th. So we have now reached the 54th week after last year's Easter. What I do is continue using the 52nd mantra until Easter comes again. This week I thought people might be interested to compare the final verse with the 1st, which is a mirror of it, just as the 2nd is a mirror of the 51st, the 3rd a mirror of the 50th, and so on.

        At the Goetheanum, what they decided was to take the time from Easter to Easter and divide it by 52, but then we aren't actually using weeks of 7 days as a "week" is supposed to be (the old English "woche" being one-quarter of a "moonth"). It's up to individuals to decide what they want to do --- but all of us will begin again with mantra #1 on April 24th.

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, April 17th. Moon Scorpio.  Benjamin Franklin died 1790.

    Monday,  Aprll 18th.  Moon Scorpio.  Apollonius (Christian philosopher of the 2nd century).

    Tuesday, April 19th. Moon Sagittarius.  Darwin died 1882.

    Wednesday,   April 20thMoon Sagittarius. Sulpicius.

    Thursday,   April 21stMoon Sagittarius. Mohammed born 571.

    Friday,   April 22nd. Moon Capricorn.  Kant born 1724.

    Saturday,   April 23rd. Moon Capricorn.  George (slayer of the Dragon, that according to legend lived in the time of Diocletian). Shakespeare born 1564.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

    Dim, yellowish Saturn rises in the east shortly after sunset, amongst the stars of the Virgin. The full moon is seen near it Sunday night.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:
    The brilliant "morning star" Venus is seen in the East every day before sunrise.