Calendar of the Soul

    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 3 12:47 PM
    • 24 KB

        Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                           *******
                THE ZODIAC IMAGE
       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation PISCES from March 9th to April 13th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the FISHES from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) ----in an approximation of the color he said corresponded to the sign, one of 5 shades of  "purple" or magenta we can't yet actually perceive ---- is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 5 2  *

    Wenn aus den Seelentiefen

    Der Geist sich wendet zu dem Weltensein

    Und Schönheit quillt aus Raumesweiten,

    Dann zieht aus Himmelsfernen

    Des Lebens Kraft in Menschenleiber

    Und einet, machtvoll wirkend,

    Des Geistes Wesen mit dem Menschensein.

    When out of the Soul’s Deeps

    The Spirit winds its way to World-Being

    And Beauty swells into the widths of Space,

    Then is drawn from farthest Heavens

    The Life Force into human bodies

    And there becomes one, mightily working,

    The Spirit’s Essence and Man’s being.

        The dark time of Winter ends, the Sun returns. We are drawn out of ourselves, to find our connection to the cosmos through the beauty of the senses in the outer world, and this begins the annual renewal of our life forces.

       The year from Easter to Easter is of uneven length because Easter is a movable feast, the first Sunday after the first Full Moon after the Vernal Equinox. This year it comes about the latest it possibly can, April 24th. So we have now reached the 53rd week after last year's Easter. What I do is continue using the 52nd mantra until Easter comes again. At the Goetheanum, what they decided was to take the time from Easter to Easter and divide it by 52, but then we aren't actually using weeks of 7 days as a week is supposed to be. So it's up to individuals to decide. All of us will begin with mantra #1 on April 24th.

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, April 3rd. Moon Aries. New Moon. The 3rd of April 33 A.D. Is what spiritual-scientific investigation shows as the day of Death of Jesus Christ.

    Monday,  Aprll 4th.  Moon Taurus.
    Bishop Ambrose died 398 (he by whom Augustine was baptized). University of Basel founded 1460.

    Tuesday, April 5h. Moon Taurus.
    Vincentius (Christian writer, died 1264). Volta died 1827.

    Wednesday,   April 6thMoon Taurus. Irenaeus, Bishop of Lyon in 2nd century. Raphael born 1483. Dürer died 1528.

    Thursday,   April 7thMoon Gemini.  Egesippus (Christian writer of the second century in Rome).

    Friday,   April 8th. Moon Gemini._Wilhelm von Humboldt died 1835.

    Saturday,   April 9th. Moon Cancer.   Mary Cleophas (who with Mary of Magdala and the Mother of Jesus in John’s Gospel was present at the Crucifixion). Theophilus (Bishop of Alexandria in the 5th century). Francis Bacon of Verulam died 1626.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:

    Dim, yellowish Saturn rises in the east shortly after sunset, amongst the stars of the Virgin.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:
    The brilliant "morning star" Venus is seen in the East every day before sunrise. Saturn is also still visible low in the southwest at the same time.