Soul-Calendar, Week 46 after Easter: MEMORY

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2011
    • 1 Attachment
    • 17 KB

        Here's the Soul-Calendar restored to this complete form, with some details added on the planets in the night sky this week as well.

                                                           *******
                THE ZODIAC IMAGE
       The Sun, according to the Doctor, is under the influence of the constellation AQUARIUS from Feb. 9th to March 8th in our era.  A version (done by Margaret Roessler) of a new symbolic image of the WATER-BEARER from the original Soul-Calendar (created originally by artist Imma von Eckherdstein from Dr. Steiner's sketches & indications) ----in an approximation of the color he said corresponded to the sign, one of 5 shades of  "purple" or magenta we can't yet actually perceive ---- is attached to this e-mail.

     *  M A N T R A  # 4 6  *

    Die Welt, sie drohet zu betäuben

    Der Seele eingeborene Kraft;

    Nun trete du, Erinnerung,

    Aus Geistestiefen leuchtend auf

    Und stärke mir das Schauen

    Das nur durch Willenskräfte

    Sich selbst erhalten kann.

    The World, it threatens to benumb

    The Soul’s inborn strength;

    Now tread you, Memory,

    Out of Spirit-Deeps enlightening

    And make strong for me Vision,

    That only through Will-Strength

    Can preserve itself.

          We are heading towards spring and summer, when the Earth awakens.

          Last week, the power of thinking united with what was 'born' in us at Christmas, and made clear all the early spring stirrings of new life in the external world---we united with this "becoming" of Nature as we thought about what we perceived.

       This week, this surging new life in the outer world would 'benumb' our souls if the force of MEMORY didn't come in to play its proper role---- that of preserving the Vision the spirit has had of what it wishes to create this year.

              THE DAYS OF THE WEEK:

    Sunday, February 13th. Moon Cancer.
    1883 Richard Wagner died.

    Monday,  February 14th.  Moon Cancer.

    Seafarer Cook killed 1779. Nees v. Esenbeck, Botanist, born 1776.

    Tuesday, February 15th. Moon Cancer.
    Galilei Born 1564. Lessing died 1781.

    Wednesday,  February 16thMoon Leo.

    Ernst Haeckel born 1834.

    Thursday,  February 17thMoon Leo.

    Giordano Bruno burned 1600. Olcott died 1907.

    Friday,  February 18th. Moon Virgo. Full Moon.

      Luther died 1546. Michelangelo died 1564. Volta born 1745.

    Saturday,  February 19th. Moon Virgo.

    Copernicus born 1473. 1700, Acceptance of the Gregorian Calendar by the Protestants.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE NIGHT SKY:
    Brilliant white JUPITER may be seen in the southwestern sky till about midnight.  Dimmer, yellowish Saturn rises in the east shortly after Jupiter sets in the west.

    ******* PLANETS IN THE MORNING SKY:
    The brilliant "morning star" Venus is seen in the East every day before sunrise. Saturn is also visible low in the south at the same time, before sunrise.